Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering the AWE exhaust + downpipes, but would like to look into any complaints those that have had AWE systems in the past or currently. What sort of issues have people had with AWE?

·
Registered
39 Posts
my 2 cents

The only issue I had was a pre and post install one. The passenger side section is in two pieces which was a real pain to align and keep straight during the install process. Afterwards the system has shifted and is challenging to get it realigned, especially if you do not have real access to a lift.

I would suggest finding someone who can get the car in the are (more than a couple of feet since the stock exhaust is wedged in there pretty good and was a challenge to do on the garage floor using a traditional jack and jack stands.

Having said all that, I love it!! The performance is a nice addition plus the throaty-ness of the sounds is fabulous. I will say that it took a few days to get used to how loud the system, but that was short lived.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did not...I was thinking of waiting to see if anyone comes up with a high flow cat and down tube option...which is probably highly unlikely.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Just wanted to give an update about the exhaust......as the exhaust isn't actually designed for right hand drive cars the system does not line up exactly underneath the car it was out buy a few mm, but this has had the result that the system rattles a little when going over rough surfaces on the road. I became aware of the issue last week and have had it booked back into the garage this Friday.

To sort the problem they are going to add a very slight bend to the pipe concerned so that it lines up exactly which should sort out the problem. Just thought i'd let you guyz know in case your thinking of buying the system.

From what the garage tells me this tends to be a common problem with exhausts made for lefties that are installed on right hand drive cars, but is easily solved.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The only issue I had was a pre and post install one. The passenger side section is in two pieces which was a real pain to align and keep straight during the install process. Afterwards the system has shifted and is challenging to get it realigned, especially if you do not have real access to a lift.

I would suggest finding someone who can get the car in the are (more than a couple of feet since the stock exhaust is wedged in there pretty good and was a challenge to do on the garage floor using a traditional jack and jack stands.

Having said all that, I love it!! The performance is a nice addition plus the throaty-ness of the sounds is fabulous. I will say that it took a few days to get used to how loud the system, but that was short lived.
I second you sentiments. The passenger side was pretty tough to align and has shifted on my car too. I'm taking to a muffler shop to adjust it. There is simply not enough room under the car using jack stands to adjust the exhaust properly.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't want to change the subject, but I have a small question about the AWE exhaust, and maybe down pipes. Anyways, I am wondering if after you install the AWE exhaust and downpipes, can the OEM exhaust be easily re-installed, and if not, how about without the downpipes? The reason that I am asking is because I probobly will lease the S5, and that in the other car I was considering, which was the BMW 335, I heard that if you wanted to upgrade the exhaust that you actually had to cut the OEM exhaust, and I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't so on the S5. Thanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
How about interior noise level? Is the sound inside much louder than stock?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't want to change the subject, but I have a small question about the AWE exhaust, and maybe down pipes. Anyways, I am wondering if after you install the AWE exhaust and downpipes, can the OEM exhaust be easily re-installed, and if not, how about without the downpipes? The reason that I am asking is because I probobly will lease the S5, and that in the other car I was considering, which was the BMW 335, I heard that if you wanted to upgrade the exhaust that you actually had to cut the OEM exhaust, and I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't so on the S5. Thanks.
You don't have to cut the stock exhaust off. It's held onto the car with two metal clamps and 4? rubber hangers. It can easily be reinstalled if needed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Lovin the AWE Exhaust

I've had the exhaust (no downpipes) on my car for over a month now and I can't say enough great things about this system.

Its purrs at idle, growls at low revs and roars under torque :eek:

One of my best mods so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts