Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to pull the trigger and purchase the 3.2 AWE tuned down pipe and AWE dual tip Touring exhaust and have some questions to you that have already done this: 1) Did you also have the AWE tuned down pipe installed with the Touring exhaust? 2) Is everyday driving with windows up and down bearable with the exhaust sound? 3) Any drone in the cabin and can you carry on a conversation in the car without screaming 4) Is the exhaust sound gentlemenly or more boy racer?

I had a STASIS exhaust installed and took it off after a couple of days becasue the drone in the cabin it created was UNBEARABLE; it was like standing right next to a jet engine at full throttle. The Stasis rep was unrependant, I think Jim was his name, unwilling to acknowledge the problem and would not take back the exhaust, even if I personally delivered it back to their place in WV. STASIS SUCKS!!!

Thanks in advance for your comments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have the AWE 4.2 touring exhaust but not the downpipes, so not sure how relevant my experiences are...but here you go
1) nope sorry
2) no problems at all, windows up or down its just awesome
3) zero drone, and conversation is no problem either, just talk normally
4) more exotic than boy racer. it changes the pitch of the exhaust rather than just making it way louder, and under 2k revs its extremely civilised, rather like stock.
The track edition of the exhaust is the louder 'boy racer' edition.

Im sure you will love it :) Perhaps consider just getting the exhaust first, and if you arent satisfied with the noise get the downpipes after..

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's been a year so I was wondering if anyone can comment on their experience with AWE Touring exhaust + AWE Non-Resonated Downpipes with auto tranny.

I'm about to jump on the AWE Touring exhaust and debating whether I should get the Non-Res downpipes with it to get more volume but I don't want too much drone.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's been a year so I was wondering if anyone can comment on their experience with AWE Touring exhaust + AWE Non-Resonated Downpipes with auto tranny.

I'm about to jump on the AWE Touring exhaust and debating whether I should get the Non-Res downpipes with it to get more volume but I don't want too much drone.
Give me about a week or so and I'll let you know. I should have my DP and Touring Exhaust this Friday.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stasis exhaust s_cks, buy AWE Touring exhaust

No longer have Stasis exhaust because it's the biggest piece of cr_p and waste of money. Your better off going to Las Vegas and lose the money you'd spend on the Stasis exhaust than to buy one, at least your enjoy Las Vegas. The Stasis exhaust is not fit to be put on an A5; the drone will make your hearing go numb the second you turn the ignition on and then you'll be deaf in 10 minutes. Stasis would not stand behind their mistake and I ended up selling the exhaust for scrap at the local waste yard. The exhaust I ended up purchasing after the Stasis mistake was an AWE Touring exhaust which does not drone and has a great exhaust note. This exhaust is for sale now as I am getting ready to sell my A5 so I'm going back to stock exhaust. Send me a private message to let me know (or anybody else out there) if you have interest.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Give me about a week or so and I'll let you know. I should have my DP and Touring Exhaust this Friday.
So what's up with the exhaust? I'm thinking of adding the downpipe to my exhaust when adding a supercharger.

·
Registered
126 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts