Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, i have an a5 2.0t and I am looking to get an AWE exhaust sytem for my car. I was wondering if the quad tip makes a difference in noise than from single side dual tips. The reason i ask is because if I get the quad tips, I would need to get a new rear valence which could get pretty pricey. So if any of you know if theres a difference in the two different options, please answer. Thank you. And also, what you think about powder coating my stock 2011 2.0t rims black on a ibis white a5?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you have a non s-line car then you will need a s-line bumper and valance if you want the quad tip. A new valance isn't that expensive and you are going to need one either way if you go with the dual outlet or quad outlet. They are like 100-150. An unpainted bumper is like 600+.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a non s-line car then you will need a s-line bumper and valance if
you want the quad tip. A new valance isn't expensive and you are going to need one either way. They are like 100-150. An unpainted bumper is like600+.
If I get the single side dual exhaust like the stock exhaust, I dont think I will need a new valence. And do you know if there is a sound difference?

·
Registered
37 Posts
A single side outlet will fit any A5 (s-line or not) and you won't have to replace the valance. I don't know how much of a sound difference there is but I would imagine the quad setup is louder.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A single side outlet will fit any A5 (s-line or not) and you won't have to replace the valance. I don't know how much of a sound difference there is but I would imagine the quad setup is louder.
Oh okay thank you. And if it was up to you, which exhaust do you like better?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Personally I don't think the quads are worth it IMO. If you went with the quad you would need a bumper and a valance which would be at least another $700. I would vote for the dual outlet with a pipe on each side. You will have to replace the valance but as I mentioned it's around 100 bucks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a link from AWE showing exactly what you need for the different exhausts they offer: <a href="http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/A5_20T_DUAL_QUAD_CONVERSION_PARTS.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/...SION_PARTS.pdf</a>
Thanks, and you would reccomend the awe exhaust? And also, can you get a test pipe or downpip without a tune?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am putting a STaSIS on my car but a lot of people like AWE and they are a solid company. I know they are making the exhaust to order right now and the wait is roughly 3-4 weeks. If you shoot them an email they will be able to answer any questions you have and they have a bunch of helpful people in sales.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am putting a STaSIS on my car but a lot of people like AWE and they are a solid company. I know they are making the exhaust to order right now and the wait is roughly 3-4 weeks. If you shoot them an email they will be able to answer any questions you have and they have a bunch of helpful people in sales.
Okay thanks for you help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello, i have an a5 2.0t and I am looking to get an AWE exhaust sytem for my car. I was wondering if the quad tip makes a difference in noise than from single side dual tips. The reason i ask is because if I get the quad tips, I would need to get a new rear valence which could get pretty pricey. So if any of you know if theres a difference in the two different options, please answer. Thank you. And also, what you think about powder coating my stock 2011 2.0t rims black on a ibis white a5?
Thanks for considering our exhaust for your car.

All of our A5 2.0T Exhausts sound the same, we offer different tip options so you can set up the exterior of your car how you like.

Where are you located?

Does your car have the S-Line package?

If you have an A5 Coupe, you'll be able to install our Single Outlet - Dual Tip (two tips on the left side of the car) exhaust without any bumper/valance changes.

As D-tronics mentioned, if you want to go with the Dual Outlet - Single Tip (one tip on each side of the car) or Quad Tip Exhaust you'll have to change your rear valance or rear bumper accordingly.

If you'd like a quote, shoot me your name, email address and which variation you're interested in. I'll have one of our Sales Reps contact you asap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for considering our exhaust for your car.

All of our A5 2.0T Exhausts sound the same, we offer different tip options so you can set up the exterior of your car how you like.

Where are you located?

Does your car have the S-Line package?

If you have an A5 Coupe, you'll be able to install our Single Outlet - Dual Tip (two tips on the left side of the car) exhaust without any bumper/valance changes.

As D-tronics mentioned, if you want to go with the Dual Outlet - Single Tip (one tip on each side of the car) or Quad Tip Exhaust you'll have to change your rear valance or rear bumper accordingly.

If you'd like a quote, shoot me your name, email address and which variation you're interested in. I'll have one of our Sales Reps contact you asap.
Alright thank you for your help, im still undecided but I will let you know. Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts