Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: allocation is filled

Hello,

Quick intro: long-term Audi ABS, currently Internet Sales Mgr, established reputation on the other boards (Nuvolari) and among my loyal clients. New to A5_OC.

One of my clients gave up his position for a manual S5. I have an allocation available as of now, you can specify your S5 as you want. Expect it to arrive in July. $2K deposit required and full credit application.

Time is of the essence. If I don't get a commitment, I will specify myself and that car will then still be available but can't be changed anymore.

Call me at the number below

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Arno -

You're not far from my summer home - Newport Beach.

One important question for you.

I'm interested in ordering an S5 with Quartz Gray exterior color and black leather with Pearl Silver Ancantara seat inserts.

Can this be done?

So far, according to the Audi (2008) brochure, it only shows this interior combination with Black (both of them), Red, Blue and Meteor Gray. But not Quartz Gray.

I have an email into AudiUSA to clarify. A colleague of mine purchases a BMW M3 with Silverstone exterior with red leather interior - awesome combination... and not listed in the brochure.

Do you know if Audi can accommodate me here, or will they have an issue?

Please advise.

Thanks,

GTL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GTL,
Thanks for that question and I am confident that it can be done. Audi offers the desired seat, just not with the Quartz gray exterior. So this is a Special Order issue which I would have confirmed for you before you order.

I need to check with Distribution Support to get the confirmation and I do expect a SO charge of $750 (at least that is what it would have been for a 2008).

I will get it rolling after you contact me with a commitment. Call or email:
arno.dienhart a_t audimv.com

PS: I love the Alcantara seats! I spent $400 to have my A3 seat converted to Alcantara, aftermarket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andrew,
it will sell at window. I need to get commitment today, Monday. Tuesday is too late.

·
Registered
122 Posts
So far these guys at Mission Viejo Audi have been great to deal with!

Thank you Arno, I'll see you soon!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, SGTangry, for trusting us with your order. I understand it was a tough decision to commit to an order with a dealer you knew nothing about.

I look forward to meeting you here at the dealership soon when you are in the neighborhood.

Here's a current update on your order:

ETAs for ship loading: 6/22
Port arrival: 7/17
Dealer Delivery: week of 8/04

I think we'll be able to get it here sooner if it really gets into port around 7/17--and please keep in mind that these dates can shift plus/minus by a few weeks. Hopefully minus.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thank you, SGTangry, for trusting us with your order. I understand it was a tough decision to commit to an order with a dealer you knew nothing about.

I look forward to meeting you here at the dealership soon when you are in the neighborhood.

Here's a current update on your order:

ETAs for ship loading: 6/22
Port arrival: 7/17
Dealer Delivery: week of 8/04

I think we'll be able to get it here sooner if it really gets into port around 7/17--and please keep in mind that these dates can shift plus/minus by a few weeks. Hopefully minus.
Now that is the best news I've heard all day!!

Thank you Arno and Mission Viejo Audi. It's been a great experience thus far, and now this is just going to make me more anxious to get the car!!

BTW, saw Iron Man and I knew that there was an R8 in it, but I didn't expect to see the S5 in there (Silver, towards the end). Good times!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good lord, the days and weeks (hours and minutes?) are crawling by...I'm going to have to try and avoid coming here just so I can keep my sanity and try to be patient...

Was it really just one week ago that I saw this post? Feels like a month. I guess I shouldn't complain, I have one on the way, so that's good, but be careful what you wish for!

BTW, does anyone know if we're going to find out pricing next week? I remember reading somewhere that we would find out around May 14/15th.

·
Registered
106 Posts
2009 Pricing stays the same...

I've been told by 3 Audi dealers now that pricing for 2009 will NOT CHANGE.

Supposedly, since the S5 was released so late (as an 2008) model, there is no price increase from Audi.

Can anyone else confirm this?

GTL

·
Registered
122 Posts
Pricing, anyone? At this point, I'd be happy with a date that we're going to hear about it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Audi USA website still shows February pricing. That's an advertised price isn't it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Update: Week 24 6/9 is my Assigned Build Week, so hopefully I'll get a confirmation next week that it was built!! :)
Other interesting ETA dates:
Ship loaded 6/20/08
Port Arrival 7/14/08
Dealer Delivery 7/28/08

It's getting close! :D :D Very excited!

·
Registered
122 Posts
GAH! Tiiiiimmmmmmmeeeee Sllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooows doooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwnnnn....

Ok, well, it's only been a few days since I received the updated info, and now I'm jonesin' because my dealer called today to confirm my trip next week. I'm going to finally get to meet the fine people that sold me the car! Here's hoping that I have some build information AND maybe pricing as well!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Update:

I was able to visit my dealer today and meet one of the guys that sold me the car. It was really great to meet them and they really have a nice Audi dealer there in Mission Viejo.

A few things that I learned:
- My car is now "in production" and there should be an update on it's status on 6/13. Hopefully at that point we will have an real on boat date and arrival times. :)

- They have some 2009 S5 on the boat that are expected in port as early as 6/28 - so we may know pricing around that time!! Good news!

- The ipod cable - do you get it or not? Well, according to my dealer you absolutely get it if you ordered the NAV package with iPod integration. He was very clear on this. He did state that it was weird the way Audi did it. They basically ship the cable separate from the car directly to the dealers Parts Department. The salesman needs to make a "due bill" (whatever it's called) and get the parts department to pull it for you when you take delivery of the car.

- I have the first Sprint Blue S5 that will be delivered to that dealer, so they're quite excited to see it! :D No touchy!

I think that's it for now. If I have any updated info on dates I'll pass it along.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts