Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Firstly an apology to the forum if there is no advertising allowed. But I couldn't find anything on it.

Currently physical stock, ie: Delivery within 1 week if you want.

S5 Coupe Quattro manual Phantom Black, Pearl Silver and Black trim, + options.

A5 Coupe 3.0TDI quattro Sport man 6speed Deep Sea Blue, Light Grey trim, +options.

S5 Coupe quatro manual Quartz Grey, Black trim, + options

Also available vehicles on order, both fixed and amendable spec.

Call me for more info. and to arrange test drive.

Matthew White
01256 307500
07817 212741

Basingstoke Audi, part of the Colbornes Group

·
Registered
159 Posts
The above has me slightly concerned, not from the advertising side, but how can an Audi dealer have 3x A/S5's unsold?! Have Audi not seen demand they expected? I assume one of the S5's and the other A5 are demo registered units?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cancelled orders I believe, I have only just arrived here. Not registered units.

Seems the manager here has been very proactive in getting these cars in.

·
Registered
487 Posts
so what's the rush to sell them?

They should sell on their own.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure they will, but if I can shift them to people who wouldn't normally come here, then I will get more to sell and I get extra customers.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Maybe you can post pictures? Or post the offers on the audi.de site.

thx

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm sure they will, but if I can shift them to people who wouldn't normally come here, then I will get more to sell and I get extra customers.
You mean here is your chance to do a bit of free advertising and get a few deals as you work for a new dealership and have some stock cars that everyone else as sold out. A bit cheeky if you ask me but you seem to be getting away with it so good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Audi Tonbridge - where I got mine from have a couple of brand new cars and I think Crawley does too - so the question is, are they all cancelled orders - pro-active dealers hoping they'd shift them easy or perhaps one of those cases where Audi have "told" the dealers you have to shift this many units of A5/S5 blah blah blah ?
Slightly gutted that Crawley actually have an identical spec S5 to mine for £2k less than I paid and it's only got 2500 miles on it - hmmm should I have not bothered placing my order in March ? - oh well I've had the pleasure of driving mine for 6 weeks or so :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You mean here is your chance to do a bit of free advertising and get a few deals as you work for a new dealership and have some stock cars that everyone else as sold out. A bit cheeky if you ask me but you seem to be getting away with it so good luck.
One way of looking at it, and bearing in mind I have access to stock and pipeline NEW cars. If you can't get one locally to you, then giving me a call might solve the problem for you, you won't lose anything will you?

·
Registered
30 Posts
cmon guys he`s doing his job "SELLING CARS",i say good on you!

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's my point. Having been on that side of the fence and also a member of a very active VW Forum I would never dream of taking advantage of it by advertising cars I had in stock or deals.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree, without some kind of sponsorship making tons of cash off my hobby and pocket book isn't too cool.
Andrew, I say it is your decision.

Make a ruling and take down any direct ads. Where members recommend something and it is in the interest of other members, then that should be allowed, but direct selling by commercial organisations should be banned.

G

·
I'm sorry, but i find the comments made to this guy who has advertised the cars for sale as totally out of order. With all due respect to Andrew, this is a new site, not a huge amount of members, no sponsors and as the guy said there are not rules in place for Ad's etc.

This is an Audi A5/S5 website, so surely someone coming on and letting us now what stock they have for sale is of absolute interest for everyone. Current owners can see the demand for cars and which specs are most common and people who dont have one but fancy one may find their way onto this site looking for info about getting into a car and therefore become members. We also can ask an Audi dealer through pm any questions we may have. As far as i can see its a win win situation for everyone concerned.

I welcome these types of posts, Ad's as long as they do post them in the 'for sale' section.

If Andrew wants to ask for sponsorship money for advertising on his site, then thats his personal choice and nothing to do with anyone else unless he ask's for our opinions.

In my opinion these types of Ad's and Info can only help grow this site and he has broken no rules.

Welcome :cool:

G

·
Andrew, I say it is your decision.

Make a ruling and take down any direct ads. Where members recommend something and it is in the interest of other members, then that should be allowed, but direct selling by commercial organisations should be banned.
if Informing members on an S5/A5 forum about S5/A5's currently for sale isn't in the best interest of the members and future development of this site, the i don't know what is.:confused:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm sorry, but i find the comments made to this guy who has advertised the cars for sale as totally out of order. With all due respect to Andrew, this is a new site, not a huge amount of members, no sponsors and as the guy said there are not rules in place for Ad's etc.

This is an Audi A5/S5 website, so surely someone coming on and letting us now what stock they have for sale is of absolute interest for everyone. Current owners can see the demand for cars and which specs are most common and people who dont have one but fancy one may find their way onto this site looking for info about getting into a car and therefore become members. We also can ask an Audi dealer through pm any questions we may have. As far as i can see its a win win situation for everyone concerned.

I welcome these types of posts, Ad's as long as they do post them in the 'for sale' section.

If Andrew wants to ask for sponsorship money for advertising on his site, then thats his personal choice and nothing to do with anyone else unless he ask's for our opinions.

In my opinion these types of Ad's and Info can only help grow this site and he has broken no rules.

Welcome :cool:
Exactly, eventually this will be less tolerable as the site grows and sponsorship will be encouraged. For now I can live with it as I haven't set any rules anywhere to speak of.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts