Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the a5 have a AUX port like the new A3 models?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Not all. Mine doesn't cos I have MMI AMI but I believe the base model with Concert with no NAv MMI AMI does have an Auxi in.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I've got a standard 09 model A5 . Has a power supply and 3.5mm Aux In under the centre armrest so I can use the ipod there. Got a lead off ebay for a few quid that works fine.
That sounds about right. I briefly had an 08 TT with base Concert and that had Aux in (as does newer A3). You probably have a jack lead kicking around anyway if you are into computers, the standard PC Audio Jack (?3.5m) on either end fits the Aux in socket on the car and iPod. No displays on car (TT) You have to drive the iPOd itself and no charger:cool:.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I've got a standard 09 model A5 . Has a power supply and 3.5mm Aux In under the centre armrest so I can use the ipod there. Got a lead off ebay for a few quid that works fine.
What country are you located in? Please update your profile to display your location. This will help forum members in determing where the differences exist in the car options from country to country.

·
Registered
636 Posts
In the UK 09 models without AMI have aux in, this is true of both nav and non-nav cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aux not recognising ipod,

I have the same configuration with the aux port and power in the centre console. (i.e I have MMI, but not AMI) A friend borrowed my car the other day (there's a mistake I won't be making again), and since then, I haven't been able to get the Aux port to recognise that my ipod exists. I think he may have plugged in his ipod that day he used it.

Another strange thing since I got it back from him is that the graphic display when using parking assist now doesn't come up. It still beeps like crazy, but I don't get any visuals. I have tried re-setting the default settings, but no joy.

Does anyone have any advice on either of these issues?

Ta much

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Does the a5 have a AUX port like the new A3 models?
Yes, my information is also that AUX is there in the center armrest with the normal radios, with satnav since model year 2009 this (starting last summer), although cars with Audi Music Interface AMI do/may not have it (although AMI allows you to use an extra-priced AUX cable to connect AUX sources into the AMI itself).

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the AUX under the armrest. I have the MMI 3G but not the AMI. Så retrofitting the AMI will give me both :p

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have the AUX under the armrest. I have the MMI 3G but not the AMI. Så retrofitting the AMI will give me both :p
...eh... why couldn't someone with factory AMI similarly retrofit the aux? ;)

(Assuming both AMI and aux are possible at the same time.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.