Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried some of this for the first time today and I'm quite impressed with it.
Step 1, wash car.
Step 2, while it's still wet spray this on and rub it around with microfiber.
Step 3, dry off with a fresh microfiber.
Step 4, stand back and take pics of your shiny car.
Hey presto. Really easy and quick and leaves a layer of wax on the paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
SJ, looks a fantastic result. You have the colour of car to really show results. You’ve good lighting in your garage as well by the looks of it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the lighting is good and definitely helps bring out that glossy look. I'm actually not happy with the paint yet as the lower sections of the doors have alot of dirt embedded into the paint.
I've been out and bought a clay bar and a tar remover today to try and sort this.
Results to follow.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The clay bar will definitely lift the imperfections from the paint and leave it silky smooth. When I bought my RS I too had a rough feel to the lower doors and the side sills. One clay bar later and it’s as smooth as glass ?

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Blimey guys I have not even washed my S4 yet, I wanna get to the bottom of all of her foibles first! First thing is wheels off and take them to be reconditioned......

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Simon, the wheels are a great starting point and make a big impact. It's like when you put on new shoes everyone seems to notice. But be careful it's an easy addiction to fall into...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nearside complete (this was much rougher than the offside).
Tar remover first to get rid of the erm... tar, and also the wax I applied yesterday.
Then claybar'd and wow the paint really is smooth now.
Wax reapplied and hey presto my car turned into a mirror! IMAG2787.jpg

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gave the S5 a little wash today and a little splash of aquawax after and I can't get over how easily it gets a proper deep shine. I'm really impressed and really reccomend this stuff. Smells lovely too.
IMAG2858.jpg
IMAG2858.jpg

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Wow, I could dive right in there SJ. Impressive. I’ll have to check that out. How is it applied?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Smokey Joe

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, I could dive right in there SJ. Impressive. I’ll have to check that out. How is it applied?
Dan it's really easy to use. Wash your car, rinse off couple of sprays on each panel while it's still wet. Rub it in with a plush microfiber then buff off with another dry microfiber. Buffs off really easily.
I did spend some time with a tar remover and a clay bar a couple of weeks ago and that really makes a difference and helps with the shine.
The paint now feels like glass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts