Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anbody up for a road trip through Germany and have the chance to let some steam off on the autobahns?

I am thinking of planning a route for early to mid November. Ferry or tunnel to France on a Friday morning, early, spend the day driving into Germany, pre-book a hotel in advance, somewhere interesting, Sat driving, stay Sat night and then take a leisurely drive home on the Sunday.

Ideally arrange a/some meet point(s) in the UK to convoy down, depending on how much interest there is.

The idea of the trip is to see some lovely parts of Germany :(, yeah right, seriously guys, I'd love to take the car for a flat out experience and feel safe that there will not be flashing blues in my mirror. It'd be a great laugh to meet up with you guys, sink a few steins of beer and see some of the country.

Let me know if you're interested so that I can look into prices and dates etc. At the moment November for me is looking good apart from the last 2 w'ends.

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
germany trip

that trip sounds great idea, am driving to dusseldorf end of september - but thats purely business!
took my old de-restricted M3 their in 2006 had a great laugh topped 176mph. I am expecting delivery of just a 2.7tdi sport in white with lots of gadgets end of september, doubt it will turn up though - looking unlikely.
Anyhow a trip over mid Nov would be kool with me.
Are you an S5 driver then?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, 2008 S5, had engine re-map which is supposed to have increased bhp to 388 and torque to 485Nm, although there has been a lot of doubt to the claims of the tuning company.

Only had the car a few months but loving driving it, espcially since the mod and since running on T99.

Any suggestions to route are wlecome.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
The idea of the trip is to see some lovely parts of Germany :(, yeah right
You'll need to come down South to see the beautiful part of Germany! :p

For real high-speed action, I recommend the Autobahn between Stuttgart and the Swiss border. There are very few speed restrictions (unlike most others, with their frequent drops to 130).
This is the route Porsche uses for drive testing

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Withnail - thanks for that, it sounds like the stretch to take. Any route info, especially from a local like yourself is greatly appreciated. Would you be coming along?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Would be very interested, cannot confirm attendance as I'm only schelduled to arrive back in the uk on the 31st oct, and I can see my stay abroad being extended somewhat so cannot say for definate yet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Withnail - thanks for that, it sounds like the stretch to take. Any route info, especially from a local like yourself is greatly appreciated. Would you be coming along?
You're welcome.

Sure, I'd be keen for a group blast.. I'd be interested to compare the acceleration of your pimped S

If you're already in S'gart going south, then the Swiss mountains would round off the trip nicely.

I understand it doesn't fit to your timeframe, but I'm organising a trip to Davos/Stelvio next month. Perhaps something like this would round off your plans?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have never driven abroad but would like to but would prefer to do it in convoy so I can follow rather than lead. So, pencil me in subject to dates

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'll be on the Autobahns between Aachen and Nurnberg (basically the whole west to east) on Wednesday afternoon/evening next week if anyone fancies a blast :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.