Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The automatic feature on my driver's side window has stopped working. Am I missing an MMI setting, or is this is flaw only corrected by the dealer, i.e., a new part.

Anybody else have this happen?

·
Registered
677 Posts
The automatic feature on my driver's side window has stopped working. Am I missing an MMI setting, or is this is flaw only corrected by the dealer, i.e., a new part.

Anybody else have this happen?
Just to clarify when this is happening.

Is it all the time?
Engine running or off?
Stationary or moving?

I know that when you stop the engine but are still in the car the convenience windows stop working.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If driver only not working that does not sound right at all :( I assume the window functions normally otherwise?? just the convenience close and open from the key fob not working?

·
Registered
487 Posts
just the convenience close and open from the key fob not working?
This option is not available in North America...however, using VAG-COM I did enable the option. The sad news is, I have yet to get it to work. Ross-Tech is working on it last I knew.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
details

The window functions normally by holding down the window button on the door...the passenger's side opens or closes with a single flick. Doesn't seem to be a difference with the engine running or not.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This can happen if the window module loses its adaptation. This might occur for for various reasons, most common being a battery disconnection. In this case, I'm not sure why, since it's only one side. But if that's all it is, it's easy to reset per the instructions in the owner's manual.

Raise the window by holding the switch up until it stops moving (fully closed). Release it, then hold it again for at least 1 second. That serves to tell the window regulator what is fully closed. After doing this, the one-touch should be active.

·
Registered
487 Posts
This can happen if the window module loses its adaptation. This might occur for for various reasons, most common being a battery disconnection. In this case, I'm not sure why, since it's only one side. But if that's all it is, it's easy to reset per the instructions in the owner's manual.

Raise the window by holding the switch up until it stops moving (fully closed). Release it, then hold it again for at least 1 second. That serves to tell the window regulator what is fully closed. After doing this, the one-touch should be active.
Dave,

Do you think this would help me with the convenience window option?

Thanks,
Arvin

·
Registered
415 Posts
Arvin,

Let's talk on the phone tonight. I want to understand what you've done before I start speculating on here. Don't want my thinking out loud to steer anyone wrong. You've got my number...give me a ring after 5:30 or so.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

I'll give it a try tonight...that makes sense. Had the same thing happen on an A6 once, and I magically fixed it myself, and I would bet I did exactly what you suggest, without knowing what I was accomplishing. I'll let you know if it works.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Perfect

Fantastic. Your "fix" worked. I was imagining two trips to the dealership (one to determine the faulty part and one after it was ordered/shipped/etc.) and instead, as I was driving out of the parking lot last night, I "rolled" the window down, rolled it back up and then held the button in the up position for a second, and voila, it worked perfectly.

that's the kind of thing for which this site is great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just now noticed your response to this. I'm glad that worked out for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts