Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inside there is a spread comparing the Vauxhall VXR8, Porsche Cayman S, Audi S5 and BMW M3.

Its a good review and reading it you can tell they are impressed with the S5. However, they finish it in third place. Although the top 3 places are all very similar and not much in it. It appears it's lack of standard kit is their main criticism. Plus not so much rear space. Although they dont criticise the Porsche for rear room space!

· Registered
22 Posts
dont worry about what they say ,just read the reviews that put the a5 first;) ,autocar last week for example,these jurnos change their minds on a weekly basis,it makes me laugh.

oh... and by the way the cayman only has two seats,i cant tell if your comment was sarcastic or you really didnt know that.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can confirm that I don't live on Mars and know the porsche is a two seater. ;)

My point was that marking the S5 down on rear seating space whilst reviewing it against the cayman was a bit daft.

· Registered
22 Posts
yes, but it wasnt last week sorry for the confusion,it was about 2nd week of august, they tested against jaguar r type ,vxr8,bmw 330d, subaru rb,mondeo,i think the story was called( Heros of mass production)or something like that.

also road test of a5 on" pulling power" tonight ,itv4 i think, at about 6.30.

· Registered
276 Posts
yes, but it wasnt last week sorry for the confusion,it was about 2nd week of august, they tested against jaguar r type ,vxr8,bmw 330d, subaru rb,mondeo,i think the story was called( Heros of mass production)or something like that.

also road test of a5 on" pulling power" tonight ,itv4 i think, at about 6.30.
Oh yes, I saw the Autocar video online but they have not done a full road test of the S5 yet.

· Registered
22 Posts
it was a multi car test ,i will see if the copy still exists as the library in my bathroom is kept on a strict regime of only 2 weeks worth of material ,anything older gets recyled. women just dont understand the needs of men do they:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.