Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weeks auto express has a person used to a 3.2 TT comparing it to a road test on a 2.7TDI A5.

It will probably appear on the auto express website in the following days but if you want to read early, then its on sale now.

The reviewer is quite negative of the A5 in general. However, I think the magazine has missed the point. This person has the new shape TT with a 3.2 engine. This person was complaining that the A5 "doesnt have the same sense of enthusiasm" and "missed the eagerness and sharp throttle response of the TT"

Why are they comparing the 3.2 TT against a diesel A5. This person clearly likes the more sporting feel in their car yet they give him a mid range model which is better suited for crusing. They should have given him an S5 to compare against it.

Also this is the editer in chief of the magazine and he said "it doesnt help that the A5's cabin architecture is near identical to that of the new A4". Well, the A5 came first and the cabin is one of the best points of the car. Audi were naturally going to use it for the A4. That doesnt make it bad.

I just feel the comparison picked the wrong version of the car and would like to have had a more balanced review of the power model on the TT vs the power model on the S5.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I never had much time for AE reviews anyway :rolleyes:
+1

Autocar for me all the way over Auto Express. I also like Top Gear (although it's gone a little Max Power recently), Car and Evo. Autocar is my only regular read though - prefer it over the monthlies just because it's weekly and I generally trust their reviews.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
As a owner of a TT 2.0l (was told its better than the 3.2 version) and a A5 3.0 i am in the process of waiting to sell the TT, i find myself alway driving the A5 much prefer it, the power the ride the lot.....

so the review is crap..... sorry guys... A5 is my choice every time when it comes to picking up a set of keys....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that's the thing isnt. They may as well given him a Land Rover instead of the A5 and compared that because there is no way the A5 supplied suited what he wanted from a car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts