Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
No update. Stopped by the dealer today and they said their tracking system was down, probably until next week. Unbelievable.

Knowing your car held its date is a good indicator.
Congrats to you.

Confirmed with dealer that my car loaded on the ship today, 8/29. Release to carrier (port) expected 9/19, deliver to dealer week of 9/22. This is what I was told earlier after the 8/11 on board/dealer 9/1 dates slipped.

My story is similar to many on this and other threads:

I ordered from my dealer on 3/22/08. Got a call in June saying the car would be delivered the week of 7/21. (My car was also built week 24). Called them that week, and they said that "there must have been a miscommunication" because the car would arrive the week of 8/18. Called again that week, and was told that it would be "another couple of weeks". I ended up being the one to tell my sales guy about the hail storm - he hadn't heard about it yet.

Here's the last status

Order Entry: 04/16/2008
Factory Inspection: 6/14/08
Departure Port Arrived: 6/17/08
Ship Loaded: 8/27/08 (bound for Davisville, RI) - my dealer tells me that, yes, in fact, the car is on this boat.
Port Arrived: 09/08/2008 (ETA)
Rel. to Carrier (Port): 09/12/2008 (ETA)

So I've got my fingers crossed - really can't wait to get this car !

Carlisle Joe:

I had the same experience with the dealer. My rep originally told me 7/14 but then when I called near that date his mgr told me 9/1 because "pricing wasn't available", which was BS since I then heard of the hail and called them on it.

Guess they never heard of that new-fangled Interwebs. It would be nice if they'd give us a little credit.

My Ship Has Sailed

Finally..... I have an actual Ship Loaded date.:)

Order Entry: 12/26/08
Factory Inspection: 6/09/08
Departure Port Arrived: Actual 8/25/08 .....was 6/10/08
Still radio silence from AOA as to why it spent nearly 3 months awaiting shipment.
Ship Loaded: 8/27/08
Port Arrived: 09/09/2008 (ETA)
Rel. to Carrier (Port): 09/15/2008 (ETA)
Dealer Delivery Week of 9/22/08

Yes !!!!!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Congrats!

Finally..... I have an actual Ship Loaded date.:)

Order Entry: 12/26/08
Factory Inspection: 6/09/08
Departure Port Arrived: Actual 8/25/08 .....was 6/10/08
Still radio silence from AOA as to why it spent nearly 3 months awaiting shipment.
Ship Loaded: 8/27/08
Port Arrived: 09/09/2008 (ETA)
Rel. to Carrier (Port): 09/15/2008 (ETA)
Dealer Delivery Week of 9/22/08

Yes !!!!!
I hope I get the same news this week...

Todd:

Post those pix!

Great to hear that! Same situation re: hail, so I am feeling pretty good. I reconfirmed mine is on the water coming this way. My sales guy very politely and up front told me of the 3% that will be credited. No pulling of teeth required. It's exclusive of destination, which is reasonable.

Awaiting: 2009 A5 auto, DSB/Cinnamon, B&O, Drive Select, Nav, Tech, Convenience
Current: 2002 A4 1.8T quattro 5 manual, Amulet Red/Lt Gray, Bose, Xenon, Sport pkg

Sorry about that. I'm in Delaware, and my understanding is the port of arrival is to be Baltimore, although I'm not 100% on that. I saw on posts on audiworld where they had actual ship names. Wonder where that info is available?

Stan,

I feel the same way. My car was supposedly 2 days from getting on a ship 12 days ago. My dealer told me just a few days ago that "your car is on the boat." So I ask him for the official update, and it says that the ship load ETA is 9/8. :confused::mad: So now I'm pushed out two weeks again.
This is the fourth slip (that I know of) and my confidence is gone.

His e-mail suggested this information came from their "rep" (I assume AoA rep?) I tought the dealers could get this info themselves?

Is there anything I can do to escalate this?

LED - our cars must have been sitting next to each other when the hail storm hit, and now they obviously can't figure out what to do with them.

Wonder how long it would take if I ordered another one tomorrow? I keep telling myself that I have waited this long so no reason to back out now, but this is getting silly...

this is getting ridiculous

Okay, so I checked with the dealer again today to see if, in fact, my A5 truly made it onto a boat leaving Emden on 8 Sept, as I was told it would be on 6 Sept. Of course, the answer was no. It seems that every time I inquire, the ship load date is 2 - 4 days away - but the car never gets on the boat.

I asked the dealer if there's some way to address this, and to see where this car really is. He said no.

I've got an inquiry in to Audi of America. Is there anything else I can do???

Heard back from AoA. Polite, but no help. They claim there's nothing they can do to even tell where the car actually is. Never heard of the hail storm issue.
Thought it was funny how they "welcomed me to the Audi family" when, at this point, I'm wondering if I'll ever see this car.

I picked mine up on Labor Day. There is NO HINT of hail damage (mine was damaged and went back to the factory for PDR). It is beatiful. Well worth the 3% discount.
My car is at port now and I expect to pick it up in the next couple of days. When I asked my dealer about the possibility that my car had also been delayed due to hail damage, he claimed to know nothing about it. And given how clueless he has been throughout the process (no info on '09 pricing, changes in some features for '09), I don't think he will volunteer this information easily. Anyone else had experience with this? I am hoping the fact that they are legally required to declare this will ensure them telling me, and giving me the 3% discount?

Adil - your dealer should have a list of affected VIN #s that would qualify for the 3%. My dealer told me that it was automatic to get the 3% for the pain and suffering of having to wait and wait...and they also told me how embarassed they are about how long it has taken, which is not a big consolation because I still don't have my car, and at this point, have no idea when it is going to make it to my garage.

I would get the manager involved if your salesperson is playing dumb. Do you know whether or not your car was at the port when the hail storm hit?

It's on the boat!!!

Got word from my dealer a while ago that my car is FINALLY on the boat making its way over here!!!:D:D:D

Hard to imagine what would have happened if my car had been in the Houston port over the weekend when hurricane Ike hit...:eek:

Hopefully there will be no shipping delays on the water due to bad weather, and about the middle of October, I will be driving the new beast.

Good news for you !

My S5 arrived at port on 9/9 and should have been released to the land carrier yesterday, 9/15.
Fingers crossed that maybe I could get it earlier than the 9/22 projected delivery date.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.