Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I'm Spanish, and my English level is not the best in the world, my apologies about that.

Some many days ago I bought a new pair of One 200 in order to upgrade the doors soundsystem of my A5 B8.5 wiht Bang & Olfusen.

Trying to understand the wiring diagram I have a couple of questions.

According to this diagram, here should be a transparent and transparent/blue wires coming from the filter, but taking a closer view of this, I don't have those wires:

So I really don't know what I've to do with this installation.

Where do I've to place this filter? If I put the input from 8" original door woofer, this filter will be able to send highs to tweeter and mediums/bass to 8" door woofer?

Do I've to take the input directly from the original tweeters wires leaving alone the woofer?
Can I simply change audi's OEM 8" door woofer from the new Gladen 8" without this filter?

I've tried to contact Spanish official contact found in Gladen's webpage with no answer. So you're my last hope

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Mate welcome on board and your English is surely BETTER than our Spanish so no worries!!!! Some expert will come soon and answer your prayers haha.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can take a stab at this but I can't be certain on the connections as I do not know how the speakers in the doors are originally wired.

It looks to me like this device, One 200?, is some sort of a crossover intended to split high frequency and low frequency signals out to separate speakers. I suspect this filter would not be required, the Audi B&O system likely already has the filtering as part of the audio amplifier and there would be separate sets of wires to the tweeter and the woofer. The new 8" would just replace the original 8" and you are finished.

This is only my best guess as I do not have the Audi wiring diagrams for the sound system, If you remove the original 8" door speaker and there are multiple sets of wires going to the speaker you may need to inspect the original speaker to see if there is a similar filter device on it. If there is a filter on the original 8" speaker then you will need to determine which are the input and which are the output to the woofer and tweeter and connect to the One 200 as the instructions indicate.

Best I can offer without the original wiring info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can take a stab at this but I can't be certain on the connections as I do not know how the speakers in the doors are originally wired.

It looks to me like this device, One 200?, is some sort of a crossover intended to split high frequency and low frequency signals out to separate speakers. I suspect this filter would not be required, the Audi B&O system likely already has the filtering as part of the audio amplifier and there would be separate sets of wires to the tweeter and the woofer. The new 8" would just replace the original 8" and you are finished.

This is only my best guess as I do not have the Audi wiring diagrams for the sound system, If you remove the original 8" door speaker and there are multiple sets of wires going to the speaker you may need to inspect the original speaker to see if there is a similar filter device on it. If there is a filter on the original 8" speaker then you will need to determine which are the input and which are the output to the woofer and tweeter and connect to the One 200 as the instructions indicate.

Best I can offer without the original wiring info.
Thank you so much for your answer. Finally I changed only the 8" woofer by the Gladen one 200 +soundproofing carpets and I can feel the sound improve in mid-ranges (That was I really only want) So I can say that this little upgrade it's nice to be done by yourself.

once more, thanks for your time :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts