Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

am looking to get the y design alloys for my 3.0 tdi. i have found two places, the question is the size of the alloy the first place can provide them in 19" 8.5j and 35et and the second place 19" 8.0j but 30et. whats the difference?

thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The factory Y-design wheels are 19 x 8.5" with an offset of 32ET (as far as I'm aware). Based upon the specifications you mentioned, it sounds like those may not be authentic Audi wheels. :confused: Where would you be getting the wheels from?

Please update your profile to reflect your location. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi

the first location is US and the second germany, the german ones are copys. but the question is what differnce will they make on the car with 8.0j and 30et at 19"

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You may not notice much of a difference, unless you're looking for it. The 8.0" wheel will be half an inch less wide than the factory 8.5" wide wheel. And the outer position of the wheels will sit 4mm further inward.

You may find this link to be helpful in understanding how different wheel offsets affect the position of the wheel on the car: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

·
Registered
359 Posts
seifufu:
If I may, how much does each rim weigh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts