Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 built 2010 registered A5 Sportback 3.0 TDi S-tronic Quattro S-line.

I am interested in potentially boosting its performance and improving its fuel economy.

Are there any companies that are able to offer a remap that is either affiliated/recognised by Audi and/or are able to carry out this modification without ruining the Audi warranty?

What approximate figures after a re map modification can be achieved on the speed/torque and economy side?

I am situated in the UK and would be interested to hear if there is such a company doing this near the Herts/Beds/Bucks border.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards

Simon.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
You have a few problems with this (as will I next week!)

The 2010 models have enhanced ECU security. I believe the only method so far is to take the lid off the ecu and force the processor into "boot mode".
Open ECU = no warranty

The S-Tronic is torque limited to 550nM. the stock car is 500nM, remaps usually get 600nM, so a custom remap will be required to ensure the small clutches in the S-Tronic are not overloaded at low revs
Overloaded clutches = no warranty

I dont believe Audi directly warranty any remap type performance upgrades, why should they, any "warranties" offered are most likely to be of the insurance type, so read the small print.

That said a mild clipping of power at low revs to save the S-Tronic and 280-300bhp defo sounds good.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had a chat with Ed @ APS today and he agrees that the only way tuners (apart from APR) are remapping is to bench tune the ECU.

It is only a matter of time before the encryption is cracked by the tuning community. APR are a special case as Audi US have apparently "helped" APR with the correct codes.

In the last, some dealers have offered APR, Abt & Superchips maps, with some dealer (not Audi UK) warranty, but not sure if this is still happening.

Me? I'm going to wait until Ed says they have it cracked and then pop along for a "limited" map via the OBDII port :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Aps

Hmmm interesting ...

@ Ed APS - maybe I got it wrong, but I thought you said to me on the phone that you could deal with the latest 2010 3.0 TDI cars?

I have a 2010 model arriving around June and was looking forward to a remap?!

rgs

Mark

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Open ECU = no warranty
Just tell me how Audi service can see the ECU was opened ?

Of course, if it is done right and new security bolts are screwed down.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I dont believe Audi directly warranty any remap type performance upgrades, why should they, any "warranties" offered are most likely to be of the insurance type, so read the small print.
Audi DO offer remaps and they will maintain the warranty, you'll pay through the nose for it though! That said, I have no idea on whether there's a map available yet for the Sportback, just speaking from experience with the Coupe.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hmmm interesting ...

@ Ed APS - maybe I got it wrong, but I thought you said to me on the phone that you could deal with the latest 2010 3.0 TDI cars?

I have a 2010 model arriving around June and was looking forward to a remap?!

rgs

Mark
Ed will be able to remap 2010 cars when they've cracked the new ECU, it's a 'when' not an 'if'. The only point you need to be aware of is S-Tronic (if you have it) because it can't handle the torque increase of a full remap.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ta Blue....

Good luck with your remap. Ed did my current 3.0 TDI (which has been stolen hence new car on the way) - it transforms the car.

As you say, hopefully this will be cracked by the time my car arrives and is run in

Mark

p.s. got manual box

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Just tell me how Audi service can see the ECU was opened ?

Of course, if it is done right and new security bolts are screwed down.
Tamper evident seals I believe
(somebody correct me if I'm wrong please)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Audi DO offer remaps and they will maintain the warranty, you'll pay through the nose for it though! That said, I have no idea on whether there's a map available yet for the Sportback, just speaking from experience with the Coupe.
link? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Audi absolutely don't offer remaps :)

Dealers may, but any warranty will be theirs and not Audi UK's. :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have a 2009 built 2010 registered A5 Sportback 3.0 TDi S-tronic Quattro S-line.

I am interested in potentially boosting its performance and improving its fuel economy.

Are there any companies that are able to offer a remap that is either affiliated/recognised by Audi and/or are able to carry out this modification without ruining the Audi warranty?

What approximate figures after a re map modification can be achieved on the speed/torque and economy side?

I am situated in the UK and would be interested to hear if there is such a company doing this near the Herts/Beds/Bucks border.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards

Simon.
I have been corresponding with Richter Sport who are in Milton Keynes and were recommended by my local Audi dealer. I have contacted them on behalf of Gruffle too and they have told me that they can definitely do the job on his/your car. Please see my other post entitled 2.0t remapping. This will give you details of the price and guarantees involved. The Service Manager at the dealership has had his own 2.0 Diesel remapped by them and is very impressed by the result. If you need contact details, PM me and I'll pass them along.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yeah, thanks to AB for that one.

Just run it in, should only take a few days!

Then I'll be on the phone.

Have they got a 4WD RR too?

Looks like it'll be Ed @APS or these guys.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yeah, thanks to AB for that one.

Just run it in, should only take a few days!

Then I'll be on the phone.

Have they got a 4WD RR too?

Looks like it'll be Ed @APS or these guys.
Don't know. Drop them a line and let me know when you find out. I sort of suspect not.:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I know Richer quite well and they are good guys, but as far as I know the only way they can remap is by removing the ECU and bench tuning it.

Personally, I'd rather not go down this route. I'm going to wait for the Serial port option :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I contacted ABT UK since they have Audi backing in Germany (Dealers sell their performance upgrades, apparently backed by Audi Factory warranties). They said that their upgrades would invalidate the manufacturer warranty, but that there were non-factory warranties. I might consider an upgrade when the car is older and out of warranty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts