Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've been reading many of your posts and found them very informative, basically answering questions that my dealer couldn't !
I ordered (well my lovely wife did :D - she doesn't drive currently) my Bright Red A5 1.8T last Saturday, delivery due 16th March 2008. (need one sooner rather than later, couldn't wait 5 months and the dealers pre ordered car pretty much ticked all my boxes)

Question -

My dealers very interested in selling me GAP insurance / Paint and Upholstry protection. (too interested ? :rolleyes: )

1) Does the Scotch guarding / Paint protection work ? Is it worth the £500 - £600 the dealer want ?
Thanks in advance for any replies :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
GAP Insurance always a worthwhile option - but there are cheaper suppliers than your Audi stealer - see other posts in this forum.

IMO paint and upholstry a waste of time and money- was offered it on my previous TT and never needed - even with two young children - just wipe the seats clean. Stealers make a big margin on this - pure profit

·
Registered
714 Posts
I assume the scotchguard is for the carpets rather than the leather seats :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would not recommend any special protection offered by the dealer for paint or upholstery/carpets.

Proper car care is not difficult even with very little effort.

Prevention is better than cure - so keep those waxes/sealants topped up and you will be fine.

Hope to see some pictures of the car when it arrives!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definitely don't waste money on the paint/upholstery protector. I ordered my car yesterday (?same dealer) and got the hard sell, but have never had problems with Audi paint/interiors before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely don't waste money on the paint/upholstery protector. I ordered my car yesterday (?same dealer) and got the hard sell, but have never had problems with Audi paint/interiors before.

Thanks for the advice, the dealership is Wolverhampton Audi very helpful but theres always a question you ask that they're not 100% sure about or you think of one when you get home....;) Makes this forum worth its weight in Gold !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
paint and interior protection

Ive recently bought an a5 from a dealer and paid rather less for the Autoglym full body and interior protection than £500-£600. It only cost me £250, maybe you should try bargaining if you intend taking up this offer:cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ive recently bought an a5 from a dealer and paid rather less for the Autoglym full body and interior protection than £500-£600. It only cost me £250, maybe you should try bargaining if you intend taking up this offer:cool:

I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd be willing to sell you guys......

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think for the $ the dealer gets for that stuff is a ripoff. I'd rather spend that
$ on some good detailing products so you can do it yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts