Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Gents,

Please don't take this in the wrong way nor to start a flame war. But I want to bring up a few things I would want to see Audi improve upon. PLease bear in mind I love my A5 better than my Infiniti FX or old 94' twin turbo 300ZX.

The 3.2L is although smooth and crisp. I find the Nissan/Infiniti VQ-35 a more powerful and price effective engine. I know that Audi uses that engine alot in Europe but I think a bump to 3.5 is needed. It rubs me the wrong way that the G37 is pushing 330 hp and cost 10,000 less than my A5. I'll have a S5 in a few months but still think it's time.

Why no intelligent cruise. Do other Audi models have this. I miss this feature.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Why no intelligent cruise. Do other Audi models have this.
Adaptive cruise control is currently available as a $2,000 option on US spec A6 and A8's. And it's also offered as an option in certain European markets (e.g., Germany) on the A5 and also the 2009 A4.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Howdy Gents,

Please don't take this in the wrong way nor to start a flame war. But I want to bring up a few things I would want to see Audi improve upon. PLease bear in mind I love my A5 better than my Infiniti FX or old 94' twin turbo 300ZX.

The 3.2L is although smooth and crisp. I find the Nissan/Infiniti VQ-35 a more powerful and price effective engine. I know that Audi uses that engine alot in Europe but I think a bump to 3.5 is needed. It rubs me the wrong way that the G37 is pushing 330 hp and cost 10,000 less than my A5. I'll have a S5 in a few months but still think it's time.

Why no intelligent cruise. Do other Audi models have this. I miss this feature.

Your thoughts?
You have to remember that your also paying for german build quality too, im sure the interior of the infinity is no match for the A5/S5. These days you tend to get what you pay for, not in all case but most. In general german cars are just more expensive too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally agree. I love my A5 S-line and the interior is superb. It's a sheer pleasure to own this car.

I just think it's time for a bump to 3.5L, thats all.

The A5/S5 is a work of art in my opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What I would assume is that bumping the displacement would increase the A5's HP a lil too close to that of the S5, which would eat into each others sales. German cars always want their cars, within the same model line, to be fairly distinct as far as HP is concerned

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
To be honest who buys a 3.2l petrol anyway, compared to diesels anyway in europe.
AUDI arnt american templarklimek they would rather put a turbo in.

The next petrol engine will be a 3.0TFSI.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
To be honest who buys a 3.2l petrol anyway, compared to diesels anyway in europe.
AUDI arnt american templarklimek they would rather put a turbo in.
The next petrol engine will be a 3.0TFSI.
Some people just don't like diesels. 3.0 TDI is faster, has more torque yes, but the power band as with all diesels is just way to small and you just don't get that sound either.

I can see reasons why people would buy the 3.2 but I can also see a lot of reasons people wouldn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts