Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the last few posts here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169299&page=2

This Audi dealer is indicating that there is a 2 month delay on further S5s because they are putting in a different clutch. Hope it results in a shorter throw, but interesting, and frustrating for anyone with an S5 order, I'm sure. Wonder if the same is true of A5s (with regard to the clutch...not supposed to be shipping at this point to U.S. anyway).

Haven't seen anyone complaining about clutches here, that I recall.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Check out the last few posts here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169299&page=2

This Audi dealer is indicating that there is a 2 month delay on further S5s because they are putting in a different clutch. Hope it results in a shorter throw, but interesting, and frustrating for anyone with an S5 order, I'm sure. Wonder if the same is true of A5s (with regard to the clutch...not supposed to be shipping at this point to U.S. anyway).

Haven't seen anyone complaining about clutches here, that I recall.
Is this only affecting the US deliveries?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like something that would affect everyone if they've decided to...redesign?...the clutch. Don't understand why the two month downtime unless they have to get the new clutch inventories up and it will take that long. Not good to have that kind of delay, if true, but I'd prefer the better (?) clutch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So do those of us who purchased the S5 early get penalized by having a worse clutch? I assume they will not be retrofitting new clutches in existing cars in the form of a TSB?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I figured this was relevant to you early adopters as well. I doubt they consider the clutches to be faulty, but they obviously felt strongly enough to shut things down until they replaced them. This is all ASSUMING that this dealer is correct, of course. I've seen this nowhere else.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I sure haven't noticed any clutch problems, nor do I have any complaints. Was at my dealer today and they haven't heard about any problems.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Second. I haven't heard related news from my dealer. Also, I know of dealers in my area that are getting their cars in the next few weeks, so it seems that there are still S5s coming this way. I've exercised my clutch pretty well and haven't noticed any issues. Pick-up was always strong.

I sure haven't noticed any clutch problems, nor do I have any complaints. Was at my dealer today and they haven't heard about any problems.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is the most frustrating part,because it seems noone really knows the answers not the dealer, or Audi North America. I ordered my car fro Euro Del and no one has any idea when I can expect the car. I need to book the trip fairly soon so the fares don't get ridiculous. I am getting very itchy to purchase a Black.Black that my dealer said is at the port.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No problems

I had an s5 all weekend. Absolutely no clutch problems, and I was driving it around New York and Westchester County, so both drives out of an into the city were in rush hour traffic, with a plenty of stop and go...didn't get it up to speed, but drove it pretty hard on the Taconic State Parkway (pretty good driving road for all of you who don't know it), and worked the clutch with hard accerleration up into 4th...no problems...like the action...and I haven't been driving a clutch reguarly since my 2.7T four years ago. Even my wife, who I encouraged to drive since I have one on order, liked the clutch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts