Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Departing tomorrow morning to attend the Audi Sportscar Experience in CA. I have to confess that I am feeling as giddy as a child right now!! Hot Laps in a R8...:drool:

Has anyone here done one of these Audi events?? If so, anything you can pass along?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On Friday I flew out to San Fran to participate in the Audi Sportscar Experience with the R8 at Sears Point. Amazing time, though not much in the way of photos.

Me, my R8.

Hot Laps...

Still #2

And just because...

Track Layout, almost. We took advantage of turn 11 and did not have the straight between 8a and 9a.

Fastest un-official lap time for me was 1:59 and 2:03 on their 2.52 mile course. I did get the tail to step out at turn two, but corrected well. Fastest speed I saw was a indicated 110 mph. The only gears needed were 3rd and 4th for the entire track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIuGPB6WaGU

·
Registered
17 Posts
Departing tomorrow morning to attend the Audi Sportscar Experience in CA. I have to confess that I am feeling as giddy as a child right now!! Hot Laps in a R8...:drool:

Has anyone here done one of these Audi events?? If so, anything you can pass along?
Hi there,

You will have fun !!

I did an audi driving experience last august in Belgium on the famous Spa- Francorchamps circuit...in an R8;
In the morning you get a short briefing and then we were devided in small groups to learn the circuit and practice the cornes in ideal gear etc...
In the afternoon we did some full laps at high speed... the car is fantastic... feels great...
mind you ... if you are sitting in the passenger seat... you can feel sick by the g-forces... better not to eat to much in advance ;)
there were multiple cars... you are able to switch and try automatic tiptronic versus manual gear... on the circuit the tiptronic is excellent... no need to take hands of the steering weel.......
At the end of the day we were given the helmets we were using... with our names on them.... nice gift....

In all it was a fantastic experience...

Hopefully my upcoming S5 will give me as much driving pleasure....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.