Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have read some of the long threads on here but haven't found the answer to this
I have just bought a 2016 (old shape) A5 coupe (collect next week yay!) with the advanced nav and Audi Sound System not B&O
I am looking at adding an aftermarket system and understand that audio comes into the amp via MOST so I will need to tap into speaker level outs from the amp.

I'm planning of just upgrading the front door speakers & dynamiting, adding to some Focal 6.5" components and adding my Hertz 8" in a box with an amp in the boot. Done more involved installs loads before. I'm not into an audio reference system just something better than stock.

Does anyone have a pic or link to the amp's plug / loom / wiring diagram / pin out etc so I can work out how to splice in and get the speaker lines. I guess my plan is to use the factory amp to convert the signal from MOST to analogue, then use the Audison Ten to de-equalise it, send it to my ALpine PDX5 that I already have, then splice into the car's speaker lines to send it back to the front doors & rears

I'm assuming the car's amplifier isn't up to running decent front comps though as it's a lot more effort to add the amp & bit ten

Any thoughts? Main question is about the wiring diagram all I can find online is B&O

·
Registered
96 Posts
ive looked into this, A5s dont have pre outs on the factory system, you will need a line out converter and tap into the speaker cables, get a LC7 LOC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts