Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this forum, and I just would like to say that all the information was helpfull in making me feel good about my decision to go with the s5. Ill be putting my order in for one in 3 months, I have to wait little longer because im trying to put a nice downpayment on it.

My question is do you think I should go put in a order in now because it takes so long to get it in certain areas or just wait till im rdy to buy one?

·
Registered
182 Posts
i would not wait until you are ready, as it will take a minimum of about 2 months even if there weren't any production delays and they got your car on the assembly line tomorrow.. so, if you know you'll be ready in a few months, i'd get the order in the queue today..

·
Registered
103 Posts
i agree with bri. if you have the $1000-$2000 it costs to get into the queue now, there is no downside. pretty much any reasonable dealer should give you a full refund if you change your mind and don't want to buy - not like the thing will sit there unsold for months. best of all, by 3 months from now you might actually have a car ready to buy. boom!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Agreed, do not wait, if you have the initial deposit, go for it.

By the way the Audi dealer I went to had a no-refund policy in their terms and conditions, I had them write directly on the order form that my deposit was refundable.
Just in case (this would never happen) current owners unearth some major flaw or mechanical problem / recall, want to make sure that I can get out of the deal without loosing my deposit.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes, order it.
What is your dealer saying about delivery for an order placed now?

In the meantime, you can chat with all of us.
Many of us are waiting too.

Welcome.
What color & options are you thinking about?

·
Registered
677 Posts
You can also write in your order that you will not accept delivery till XXX date. This way if the car comes in early (production increases) you can still wait till you are ready to purchase without pressure from the dealer thinking they may not sell to you and they try to sell it to someone else.

·
Registered
118 Posts
kristijan ORDER NOW;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I am waiting too for a s5 in sprint blue
i would put down a deposit now,and save like mad ha ha
Atleast you HAVE a proper target when you know the car is coming
mines due to be built week 12 yip pee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Uh oh

I am test driving an A5 tomorrow.

It has the S suspension package and is black on black which I love, but it is only a 6 cylinder.

I was told I cannot order an S5 which is really what I want, because the back order is a whole year.

IS THIS TRUE? OR can I find it somewhere else to order?

They don't even list these on most of the dealer's sites.

:-( Wahhhhhhh.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to go with another A8L... Silver/black or Black/black

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.