Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out with my friend today, Me in the S5, and my friend in the M6. Could not go without a photoshoot.

Personally i think the S5 Looks nicer :)

Enjoy the pictures.

BMW 19" Rims - Excellant Rims. Nice Finish

Audi 20" RS Rims - What can i say, a whole inch bigger than the M6 That makes the audi 1 up :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
BMW Gadgets - Nice cant complain

Audi Gadjets - Lets just say M6 driver wet his pants when he saw the advanced camera parking system - Audi +2

BMW Interior - Nice... A little on the bland Side

Audi Interior - The word Superior springs to mind - Audi + 3

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BMW Engine - ok ok ok... Its a Monster V10 - BMW +1

Audi Engine - V8 Looks nice :) - can i get a point for that?

Rear View - The Pipes on the BMW are amazing. Nothing Miltek cant fix :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
both are great :) the m6 is older and still looks cool. The S5 shows the new generation :) better looking car ( newer model ), more aggressive.
The m6 is hardcore and really strong while the S5 is strong enough IMO. (I prefer the S5)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I love my S5, but if I could walk away with either I would take the M6.
Not too keen on the looks, but that V10 is mouth watering....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Externally I have to confess that for me the M6 wins by a fraction in the looks department ... but it doesn't have the DRLs*

But WTF is that interior about? I've never seen the inside of an M6 before and I'm stunned at how bad it is. Why does the centre of the dash jut out? It's fugly. My little 1.8 A5 looks better than that and the S5 interior with full MMI just stomps all over the M6.

If someone asked me which I'd take I'm guessing the M6 is more expensive so I'd take that, sell it and buy the S5. Actually, not sure I would. I'm a Yorkshireman so very much the penny pincher ... I think I'd probably take a fully loaded 3.0TDi and pocket the difference.

*A teen stopped kissing his girlfriend in the street today to look at my car with the DRLs on - god's honest, this was just by the railway bridge next to Pontefract park, SBD will know where I mean.

·
Registered
493 Posts
When people look at M6's interior they should connect it with the lines of a violin. Thats what the designer has tried to do.

BTW what is DRL ? DayRunningLights?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would love to do similar shots with the new M3

We all know performance wise the BMW M series will be a few steps ahead of the S5, but it would be nice to do a comparison between looks inside and out.

The above cars are both nice, The M6 is just a monster. - Gotta say i love it, and sounds amazing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My father drives an M6, he claims that "The S5 is less of a race car and a better road car"

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I'd rather have the M6 anyday, but they really can't be compared, because the M6 is in a different league when you take cost into consideration.

I really hate BMW interiors now, however the only one I like is the M6's / 6er with the Piano black dash... it's gorgeous.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Agreed with above. S5 is more of a GT while M6 is a supercar.
Exactly what he says, he still loves the M though, how could you not.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It's these sort of comments that keep me here. We love our A5s and S5s but we're willing to recognize a superlative car from another manufacturer (even when it's from our nemesis).

·
Registered
714 Posts
When people look at M6's interior they should connect it with the lines of a violin. Thats what the designer has tried to do.
Erm ... no. When I'm driving my car I don't want to have to think about violins ... or clarinets or timpani. It's not like I'm Yehudi bloody Menuhin or Stephane Grappelli. My brother used to try and play the viola and it was a cacophony (hey, so is the M6's interior!)

I get enough orchestration from my wife at home. When I'm in the car I want to do my thing ... and the A5 has it absolutely spot on.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's these sort of comments that keep me here. We love our A5s and S5s but we're willing to recognize a superlative car from another manufacturer (even when it's from our nemesis).
You have to give credit where its due. The M6 is in a different league altogether. I would love for my S5 to perform like the M6.

·
Registered
206 Posts
who cares

Aren't we all fortunate to even be having this discussion? Great cars.

Have you checked out the X6? Add it to the stable.

Re performance, check my comments on this site's performance blog nearby. As with many of us, I had no idea a wide and deep track experience is right down the road.

Let's all take them out and run them.

S.

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
S5 Needs lowering (1" max ) and spacers, then it will look even more fantastic, Milltek or a.n.other will sort out the pipes and the job is complete!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I went to my dealer to check on my delivery, and who would have guessed it, there sits a quartz grey S6 in the showroom. I asked if I could have it till my car came in andthey said no problem for $1000/day! lol. Very nice ride for the money.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.