Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm only interested in if it looks like stock but with better performance and when not on the gas it sounds like stock. I hate loud cars. That is why I'm purchasing the S5 in the beginning you know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Milltek exhausts are probably the very best quality aftermarket exhausts available for VAG cars.

On the visible exterior, they nigh-on perfectly mirror the OEM tail pipes.

Regarding the "noise", well yes, they do sound very slightly louder than OEM systems, but more importantly, they have a "quality", and "mature" sound to them, which doesn't offend anyone. This is true for their "resonated" pipes, whereas their "non-resonated" a louder still, but still not overly intrusive.

HTH

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Milltek exhausts are probably the very best quality aftermarket exhausts available for VAG cars.

On the visible exterior, they nigh-on perfectly mirror the OEM tail pipes.

Regarding the "noise", well yes, they do sound very slightly louder than OEM systems, but more importantly, they have a "quality", and "mature" sound to them, which doesn't offend anyone. This is true for their "resonated" pipes, whereas their "non-resonated" a louder still, but still not overly intrusive.

HTH
You haven't heard the non-resonated RS4 one then, as when we were out on a cruz last week through Glasgow, my mates RS4 cab which has the non-resonated system drowned out the sound of the other 3 RS4s we were with.

The only downside is it is a bit intrusive inside the car at 1500 - 2500rpm.

·
Registered
66 Posts
milltek = headache = angry girlfriend = people trying to race you all the time = people telling you to stop revving = headache = bill for pain killers = stress = lower work standard = headache = divorce = headache = headache

·
Registered
66 Posts
oh and doesnt help a car this classy with performance either. dont believe what they tell you. lil chavs only tell you it makes it faster because they believe the louder the faster, which is not true at all. the louder the slower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts