Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i have an Audi s5 v6 that i have bought late 2019. Later that week i have seen Two mtm boxes
M cantronic and V cantronic.
Does any one know what times it should produce with these boxes because i have tested 0-100 and 0-200 also the top speed
Times were,
0-100 4.8 sec, 0-200 like 20 sec and top speed over 290. I feel like it is supposed to go faster than 20 sec to 0-200. Is there maybe a Buttom or something that activates the trim. I havent check the box only took picture of it. So i would like to get some info or answer if there might be a problem or something else. Also i feel that i have a litle rough Idle when it warm.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Did it state the actual power increase/output?

I'm not a fan of the boxes as they are an ECU interceptor and not a 'real' ECU parameter adjustment like a remap.

So have you fitted it already? Is the rough idle after fitting, if not, take it to the dealer as it will be under warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Sounds pretty fast to me Dave, what are these MTM boxes please......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i bought the car like this. Was in Audi dealer can find the problem why it has a kittel rough idle. I dont realet know about this boxes. The M cantronic box has 3 modes i dont know what they do. Anyome that has a clue? So i dont know if my car is orginal or is it tuned with this 3 modes.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
That looks a little more than a 'tuning box' :D Normally like Tuningbox and DTUK, they are a box that intercepts signals from certain sensors, with all those wires, the MTM box appears to be much more, like a piggy back ECU.

I would guess your car is MTM tuned. Contact MTM as your car is only a year old so would think MTM got their hands on it from new, so I think they would have a record of it from the chassis number? Tey'll be able to tell you what tuning has been done or even supply a manual for it?

MTM are German based and I know they are a little like Alpina for BMW, where you order your brand new Audi, then before delivery it passes through MTM to add some extra magic to your brand new car, I think the car still keeps the manufacturer's warranty! Seen a few R8 owners go through MTM before taking delivery to have superchargers put on making around 800bhp on the V10 :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks a little more than a 'tuning box' :D Normally like Tuningbox and DTUK, they are a box that intercepts signals from certain sensors, with all those wires, the MTM box appears to be much more, like a piggy back ECU.

I would guess your car is MTM tuned. Contact MTM as your car is only a year old so would think MTM got their hands on it from new, so I think they would have a record of it from the chassis number? Tey'll be able to tell you what tuning has been done or even supply a manual for it?

MTM are German based and I know they are a little like Alpina for BMW, where you order your brand new Audi, then before delivery it passes through MTM to add some extra magic to your brand new car, I think the car still keeps the manufacturer's warranty! Seen a few R8 owners go through MTM before taking delivery to have superchargers put on making around 800bhp on the V10 :D
Ouh my car is from 2011 but i bought it 2019 sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tested the car today and i got following times 0-100 5,1 sec with launch controll and 0-200 19 sec. But i have Been over 290 with this car and I have checked the box and it has a blue light that is showing it is working. So an orginal car has this time. So again maybe it has to do with the switch buttom to do and i cant feel a Any change when pushing the switch down or in the middle. Maybe someone has an answer.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Aaaah! :) There isn't a lot of tuning for the B9 S5, just remaps at the moment, as far as I know.

With your B8 model, there is a plethora of tuning mods. I would try and find out if you car has any other mods like pulleys, intake etc. The SC V6 can get in the sub 4 secs to 60mph/100kph! Never actually timed mine, but it gets of the line up to 60mph quickly! I used launch once, when it was standard and it was like a scolded cat!

Unless you have another S5 to compare against, the easiest way to tell the tune on your car is a rolling road dyno run. :)

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Interesting one indeed. But if you purchased it from a dealer then surely he will help......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
solved contacted mtm in german it was done by them in 2012 with these two boxes but still feels original.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
M-Cantronic is a performance "piggy-back" box much the same as the DTUK box. It will interpose between the MAP sensors and the ECU and also take an engine revs input from one of the sensors. Then it fakes the signal back to the ECU to make it think the boost pressures is lower than actual, so the ECU leaves the bypass closed. I know that the DTUK box relies on the ECU to add fuel to compensate for lean measurement and I'd guess by the number of wires in the photo that the M-Cantronic does the same. According to the MTM website it should be good for up to 430hp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts