Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Haha in this forum you are very much in the minority… pretty much like in the other!!!

G
FL or no-FL, Coupe or SB, private plate or not....all welcome around these parts :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Haha in this forum you are very much in the minority… pretty much like in the other!!!

G
From what I've read on several different Audi and/or A5 forums, the overwhelming majority of people prefer the pre-facelift models. Personally, I think Audi made a huge mistake in making the front of the A5/S5 look like every other car in their line-up.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'd say if you have not seen the car in real life to do a comparison side by side, it's such a refresher. The pre-FL as it is being 4 years old is dated and boring to look at.
I've seen it in real life and I was even more disappointed than when I saw it in pictures. The front end of the facelift model is incredibly boring. Looks just like every other Audi now.... and my biggest disappointment is that the character lines that used to run down both sides of the hood and into the front bumper are now gone. That is my favorite design element of the A5, and it's gone on the facelift cars. What a pity!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've seen it in real life and I was even more disappointed than when I saw it in pictures. The front end of the facelift model is incredibly boring. Looks just like every other Audi now.... and my biggest disappointment is that the character lines that used to run down both sides of the hood and into the front bumper are now gone. That is my favorite design element of the A5, and it's gone on the facelift cars. What a pity!
I agree

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
You guys should keep your old parts and save them to sell as a package deal for people who want to turn their facelifted A5 into a pre-facelift A5. I know I'd do it if I had a facelift car.
+1 apart from the fact they have some interesting technical changes, FL Grill and lights not so good IMHO. But better than a Nissan Micra ;-0:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
You pre FL lovers are funny....lol. I have done some asking of general people showing 2 pics...not saying which is new...and 90% all picked the FL version...seems the only people that prefer the pre-FL version are people that own one...a bit of bias? The FL S5 was what sold me on it...I see the pre-FL all the time around here and its boring...it also now looks like every other NON Audi using LED's. Kia, Chrysler, Ford, VW, Lexus and Mercedes you name it they all have the dotted LEDs under the lights...so the New FL is again unique to Audi...

Luxury lighting: Entry-level cars get big style with LED headlight accents - NWautos

To the OP looks great and if YOU like it better then its all that matters.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Or...

You FL lovers are funny....lol. I have done some asking of general people showing 2 pics...not saying which is new...and 90% all picked the pre-FL version...seems the only people that prefer the FL version are people that own one...a bit of bias? The pre-FL S5 was what sold me on it...I see the FL all the time around here and its boring...

·
Registered
26 Posts
How much did the facelift swap cost

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,
We hope that by posting some pictures of the A5/S5 facelift conversion done by us does not infringe the rules of the forum,if there is,hope the moderator let us know how do we go about it.
The facelift conversion is actually for countries in which the cars are exorbitantly priced due to extreme high tax and import duty which make the facelift conversion more sensible than sell and buy the new FL car.

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Guys,
We hope that by posting some pictures of the A5/S5 facelift conversion done by us does not infringe the rules of the forum,if there is,hope the moderator let us know how do we go about it.
The facelift conversion is actually for countries in which the cars are exorbitantly priced due to extreme high tax and import duty which make the facelift conversion more sensible than sell and buy the new FL car.
I think it's only a problem if it brings Beakerz back to tell us how he loved the pre-FL so much he rushed out and bought 10 as soon as he saw the FL model. If that happens we will seek you out and you can expect violence. Just so you know! :) Maybe you should start your own thread if you have some more pictures to share.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Stellar work guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it's only a problem if it brings Beakerz back to tell us how he loved the pre-FL so much he rushed out and bought 10 as soon as he saw the FL model. If that happens we will seek you out and you can expect violence. Just so you know! :) Maybe you should start your own thread if you have some more pictures to share.
Yes, we know Beakerz is a sentimental gentleman who prefer the pre-FL look. Everyone is entitle to their own taste,nothing's wrong about it. But for those who appreciate the FL look like we do and residing in Malaysia or Singapore,perhaps visiting us might be a good idea.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
How much to do the facelift I was told 8-9k

·
Registered
26 Posts
How much to do the facelift??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are the DRL control module and Xenon power module both required to be changed for facelift lights to work? Would it work if i replaced all 4 of them? Plz help.

I have 09 s5 with hid adaptive lights

thanks!!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts