Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Your a former m3 lover right? get a new m3

Votes: 4 6.2%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be purchasing a car in the next 6-8 months And there arent a lot of cars out there that i like.

I've been looking at the s5 for a while, those headlights just do something when u seem them on the road BUT

after the car show in nyc when i saw the Cadillac CTS coupe i was stunned, that car looks amazing

problem is the Cadillac doesnt come out until the beginning of next summer :(

the only thing i dont like about the S5 is the grill, i've seen u guys post some aftermarket grills but there even worst....Any companies out there that have any plans to make a "better" looking grill?

Also if i purchase the S5, i dont want the front license plate...thats so ugly, its really up to the dealership right?

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Go with whatever car you like driving. Personally having driven a new CTS and an S5, I'd have to say S5 hands down.

They're really two different animals. The CTS is really in a different class with less power (3.6l V6), less room, and a smaller price tag. I think the CTS looks great, but so does the S5. Both different looks, styling is always subjective though....

Drive them both and see which will make you smile each time you step out of it. My guess is it will be the S5.

As for the plates, it really depends on your states laws. If your state requires a front plate, you can bet the dealer will have it plastered on the front of your car. That doesn't mean you can't take it off, but you'll also run the risk of a ticket and eventual inspection failure.

Good luck with your purchase!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Also if i purchase the S5, i dont want the front license plate...thats so ugly, its really up to the dealership right?
No. When placing your order, you can request a "filler plate" (which replaces the license plate holder). Many members on here requested the filler plate at the time of order, even though their state requires a front license plate. You just run the risk of getting a ticket for not having a front plate.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Do you really think you will get an unbiased opinion on an S5 forum?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I drove a 2008 CTS for 5 days and was not impressed. I think the ratings it got are just to pump up the American car market sales. The S5 is a totally different vehicle in terms of drive quality, power, fit and finish, and styling in my opinion.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I personally can't see how it is possible to compare the CTS to the S5 or M3. The S5 and M3 are a totaly diferent league. I voted for the S5 since is by far my favorite, but if you decide not to buy it, get the M3 over the CTS. About the S5 grill, what don't you like about it? The chrome? If that is the case you can get an A5 grill which is all black. I'm don't like the chrome grill on black S5's, I prefer the A5 grill, but in any other color I think the S5's look better.

I hope my opinion helps :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wasn't sure what a Cadillac GTS was so I googled it. I don't think I've ever seen such an ugly car - it looks like something from the 1970s. The old Soviet Union made more attractive cars than this (probably better engineered as well).

So anyway, I voted for S5 like everyone else.

·
Registered
70 Posts
something about the hips of the CTS coupe don't sit right with me. I love the hips on the s5 though...sexy sexy!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I didn't know what a CTS looked like either but I do now. So if this thing is representative of what is getting made in the US I now know why the american car industry is in terminal decline and GM's share price has fallen to it's lowest level since 1954!!

And if the interior is as bad as most reports I've ever read about US cars in general then the Japanese and European manufacturers in particular must be beside themselves with laughter.

Oh and I didn't vote because no-one is their right minds would choose one of these over an M3 or an S5. Would they?

·
Registered
479 Posts
That CTS is one ugly mo-fo car:eek:
Yak.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bias or not

If you are comparing the Caddy w / an S5, then I would personally prefer that you buy the Caddy.

Not to be snutty, but its like comparing a fine wine to a jug of Red Devil.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think most of the replies in here have seemed to overlook the poll was referring to the CTS coupe not the current CTS sedan. And if the poster also means the CTS-V coupe it will basically become one with little competition.
In the end the CTS coupe is not due till next year, drop the S5 haha grab a RS-5

The CTS-V sedan posted the faster ever sedan time at the Ring, I'll find the link but I believe it was 7:59. Remember this car will have a detuned Corvette ZR-1 engine with 550hp.

The CTS coupe in plain form is more along the lines of the A5 not S5.

So the CTS-V coupe should be edging towards the GTR in speed and handling (though RWD not AWD) and luxury and refinement of (maybe not the level of our cars) well above the GT-R)

Sedan links of V;
http://www.cadillac.com/09ctsv/html...etention_|_IMG_Cadillac_CTS-V_|_CTS-V_|_cts-v

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/08/detroit-2008-2009-cadillac-cts-v-revealed-with-550-hp/

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/17/video-cadillac-cts-v-being-manhandled-around-milford/

CTS coupe links (set for 2009 production);
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/19/report-cadillac-cts-coupe-to-start-production-in-2009/
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...e-wagon-due-next-year-srx-suv-coming-in-2010/

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.