Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this actually happen, or do you think the seller is bumping up the bid price? The car isn't even new (has 1k miles on it) and is currently going for around 2k over MSRP.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
So far, every ex-demo or second hand car I've seen has been more than MSRP for the UK... or more than I paid.... Most second hand or ex-demo S5's are £43-45k (that's $100k US!!) . I paid £40k... but mine's not loaded.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Paying over the odds

Hi all

Its all about supply and demand. If people want to jump the wait for there cars there will always be someone who buys one for a quick go and shift them on for a small margin. Its wrong but while there are people out there who will pay these guy's it will continue.

Bassbutton

·
Registered
182 Posts
it might be a way to make a quick couple of Gs, and sounds attractive as i'm never on the winning end of those deals, but god, i don't know if my heart can take waiting for a second S5..

·
Registered
204 Posts
Also remember there is tons of fake bids on Ebay Motors,
I see it all the time that cars a bid up high and then they still
get relisted as not sold in a week or so. So I say if you don't know for sure that one was sold for a certain amount don't believe that it actually went for the amount bid.

Tonny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.