Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

thought this may be topical.. after speaking to many people in the UK S5 owners club, after my OEM downpipes were in need of replacing.. i ended up waiting for the black friday deals (good advice) and once bought, fitted the Milltek non res catback system to the car. to say it has transformed the grin factor is an understatement, as the aural pleasure is through the roof, and there is a notable difference in pull through the gears, esp. 2nd and 3rd... What additional upgrades would people suggest, as have done a stage 1 APR ECU, so what about TCU and what else would this forum suggest..

if you wanted hear the sound difference, my son created this video (quite cool really)

·
Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
497 Posts
Hi mate car sounds nice and I would recommend you get the tcu remapped to compliment the extra power your engine now has. Some people say it is not necessary, but personally the drive of a car is not just about the engine. Its about the gearbox too, and how it responds.
I've had 2 stage 1 remaps on 2 different 3.0 tfsi cars and had the gearbox done at the same time.
You will feel the difference immediately and then probably go for a stage 2 remap.
Your bhp will increase slightly, but there is good gain in torque.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't think he replaced the cats as a miltek system has a bigger bore than std and has no resonators in the downpipes. It simply bolts on to the cats.
A few owners have changed there downpipes to increase the sound/flow or due to the flexi leaking .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ah, yes downpipes, my error. I’m interested to understand the benefits from the standard S5 downpipes, as I would like a little more enhanced sound, without effecting the rear OEM look. Has anyone out there changes the downpipes on there own? I actually prefer the standard pipes from the rear.

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dave kwatrro has changed his downpipes for v8 ones and smoky Joe has taken the 2 resonators out of his downpipes to get the sound they were looking for.
Most people start with either removing the 2 resonators on the downpipes or going for a central x pipe 🤔

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
497 Posts
The V8 downpipes are a wider bore than the V6 downpipes.
Iirc the V6 is 2.3 ' bore where as the V8 is 2.73'

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Blimey guys great information!!! Personally at my age I too prefer not to show off and thus to keep my car looking as standard as possible. Hence my S4 (and the old A5 I had previously) has no badges so looks like a standard A4, if I purchase a Miltek which I would like then I will keep the 2 single rear pipes so that the changes are not visible. I never want the attention of Plod nor tea leaves.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, I’m 100% with you on the OEM look, and only this morning was wondering if I could just do Milltek down pipes, centre section and just somehow leave my rear boxes / tips?!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think it is down to personal preference as Dave kwatrro, Smokey Joe and myself have all opted for a custom set up.
Simon you might struggle to put std tips on a milltek for the reasons I stated above unless you weld them on and it may look odd.(2.73' to 2.3')

German nut why would you have milltek downpipes, miltek centre section, then std back box. After all the milltek is supposed to allow the gases to flow freeer and create a bit more power and having the std backboxes on would hinder that.:unsure:
When I first had my S5 I painted the std exhaust tailpipes gloss black with uht paint and added an X pipe and it sounded OK imho.
I then took the plunge and bought a milltek and imho they look and sound much much better than std - which is why they cost so much.
Over the last 18 months I have added a milltek xpipe and a straight through miltek V8 section and now i'am back to fully resonated

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tire Hood Grille

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

All Audi S cars have the std silver oval quad exhaust tips.
If that's the look you prefer then fair play. (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts