Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anyone has come across this before someone else was driving my audi s5 2017 today. So on the motorway in dynamic the car started jerking, then warning light came on and it lost power. After going on the hard shoulder, switched the car back on and it was back to normal no warning lights. Never got what warning light though.

The car was just serviced and is under 23k miles.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I can’t help with any suggestions about what might have caused it, but I would expect an event like that to have stored an error code. Maybe you can get your car scanned for faults. Or take it to the dealer as it should still be in warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Bummer! Try to get a scan done for fault codes. May tell you what you need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Audi 2018 S5, 2007 3.2 TT, 2010 A5
49 Posts
is it the sports diff, i think that has a electric servo to diver the power, could have had an issue?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Sounds like a plug or coil pack could have gone out or be on it's way out. It's not unknown for even low mileage cars to have dodgy coils or plugs.

As Dan says, get a diagnostic scan done.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Warning and loss of power could indicate that it went into limp mode. When that occurs because of a sensor going out of range then a restart would normally bring it back to normal. It is not unknown for "freak" events to cause this and then you never have the problem again (which is exactly what I have experienced). If you plan to keep the car out of warranty then it's work investing in an ODB scanner for times just like these. Or else see if someone near you has one. However if it happens again then it might be more serious so you need it looked at: If there is something wrong with the turbo system then you don't want to risk the problem leading to damage.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Personally I would take the car back to whoever did the service and ask them to scan the car. They must give at least this much warranty on their expensive work???

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it happened when you were flooring it...might be hpfp or other fuel delivery. Most importantly get it scanned a code can help diagnostic further

1 - 9 of 9 Posts