Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has bought these aftermarket LED lights from Germany (see below link).

I'm guessing these will be lights only and needing adapters and codes.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
In my opinion it makes it look tacky, possibly like a S5 badged 2.0TDi tacky.
The lights look aftermarket. You can get genuine FL LED (with LED bar tail-light) at reasonable prices now.

There is a too big a gap between the inner and outer cluster LED 'bar'. Makes it look odd.

Do you have halogen bulb tail lights now? I upgraded my 3.0tdi rear lights to the matrix LED type for £150 all in, wiring harness adaptors and the light clusters themselves. Easy to program in on VCDS too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I've kinda gone off the idea as my halogen ones aren't offending me as much as I thought they would.
I really don't like the FL lights, so not bothered about changing to them.
Thanks anyway

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
4 Posts
In my opinion it makes it look tacky, possibly like a S5 badged 2.0TDi tacky.
The lights look aftermarket. You can get genuine FL LED (with LED bar tail-light) at reasonable prices now.

There is a too big a gap between the inner and outer cluster LED 'bar'. Makes it look odd.

Do you have halogen bulb tail lights now? I upgraded my 3.0tdi rear lights to the matrix LED type for £150 all in, wiring harness adaptors and the light clusters themselves. Easy to program in on VCDS too.
Hey Dave, I've just gotten myself an S5 and would really appreciate some knowledge on where to pick up the FL LED's for that price!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hey Dave, I've just gotten myself an S5 and would really appreciate some knowledge on where to pick up the FL LED's for that price!
Hi Gavin,
Those set of rear lights were the pre-FL lights (like below), the individual LED type, not the light bar. I've not looked recently, but the LED bar face lift lights must have come down a bit.

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply Dave. Yeah it's still costly to try and source the FL led type. Just out of interest, where would you be able to get the pre FL led type for the cost you mentioned?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I just saw them on Ebay and actually sent a best offer of £120 which was accepted! :D

There are aftermarket copies of the FL lights, but not sure on quality or looks of them in the flesh. Luckily my S5 is a face lift B8.5 so has the LED bar type. :)

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
4 Posts
Aha that's what I call a STEAL! Guess I'll be trawling ebay for the foreseeable future. Thanks again for the info

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
and more...

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Dave is a very wise fellow indeed......

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
A

Agreed - the Gandalf of a5oc, perhaps? :)

Also Dave, I tried some cheeky offers but didn't quite have your luck. I'll keep trying though
Ha ha, funny you should say Gandalf, my step grand daughter calls me Gandad! I'll just add I'm a young Grandad! :)

Anyway, try your luck. The set I got were advertised for £150 as they had a small mark on the corner and looked a little dull, but a bit of polish got them like new for £120! Those 2 ads I reckon the seller is looking at around £180-200. Send your offer, if rejected, try again in a few weeks. Not going to be a lot of market movement at the moment with the Coronavirus!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts