Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey thanks for your concern na they didnt arrest the little twat he claimed that he could not speak english to the police,i had him off the ground ready to strangle the little greasy shit when a wittness and police arrived :mad:

They gave him a breath test and it was clear,quite funny really as the traffic officer said that he hated the foreign twats the same as me and that they are a danger on the roads as even though they are driving in the uk the way they drive doesnt change, keep thinking about it and what really pisses me off is that my car was exactly half way alongside his lorry now how the fuc" can you just pull from one lane to another and not even check your mirrors especially in something that big,i didnt even have time to break it was like a real life stunt i swear my car was stuck to the side and i couldnt get off,my life flashed by and for a sec i thought it was goodnight,at least it broke free on the right side otherwise i was crushed by 20 + ton at 70mph.
You expect to have a few close shaves when you drive in there country you know the way the foreigners drive there crazy but at 6.30am on a quite morning with light traffic on a road i know very well it is the last thing you expect,just shows you that every day may be your last frightening really :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dave, glad to see you're OK and hope all goes well with the repairs.

On the mats, I did mention to Anton about your mishap and have asked him to post them on for you.

We're down the pub with some friends at the moment and your incident has been the topic of conversation since you posted the pics on the forum (manage to pick them up on the phone). Conversations has been along the lines of the comments on here, ie "foreign twats!" Anyway, I'll get some pics sent on tomorrow as it'll be my round soon!

Had 2 hrs of V8 symphony by Milltek all the way home. Actually ended up switching the IPod off and just listening to the engine! Caught up with one of the Milltek guys in his 3.0TD on the M1 so we had a bit of a convoy going on for a few miles, albeit mostly in a 50mph speed check area!

Just a quick thanks to Ed and his guys for organising the day and to all that turned out, good to meet you all (some of you again).

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Thanks to all...

Guys, great day and one to worship everything that is S5 and V8 related!!

...I'm glad I was able to help you all experience the mods before committing. As it turned out, most people had everything done and went home grinning :D

MAD... Gutted for you, but glad you're OK. I think there will be another 'Mad Modders' day at APS in the no too distant future?? Because there were a few guys coming back to have work done and the KW coilovers will be released soon. So I guess you will have your day.

I've got some video clips of the 3.0TDi with the Milltek, Ess5s car 'giving it some' :D and a guy witha 500 BHP 8 litre V10 Dodge pick-up doing burnouts on the industrial estate! :cool: ...will try to get them posted soon.

...Waiting for the personal reviews of the modifications. Ess5... didn't your mate have the remap? what does he think of it??

Finally, thanks to APS for the hard work, excess of food and the quality of service. Great as always guys... Expertise like yours is hard to come by and I'm just glad you guys are now the most experienced S5 tuners in the UK!

:)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Mad so glad you're ok, what a nightmare of a day you must have had. I saw the episode of Fifth Gear only last week and it has made me a lot more aware of lorry drivers on the road. Along with those police action tv programmes which show the effects of tiredness with weaving between lanes, which i have seen happen driving back from the Isle of Wight not so long ago at 2am.
At least you shouldnt be off the road too long. And as for another meet i will certainly be paying a visit to APS in the coming months so maybe we can get another arranged when your all sorted. When the coilovers come everyone will be flocking to APS anyway by the sound of things :).

Anyway glad you ok.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice to catch the last of the group anyway and meet a few of you. Next time I will be down there with the car (praying, praying) and have some work done. On the way back I let Ian overtake :D and I followed him round Northampton to listen to the exhaust and it sounded soooooooooo good (and thats over my exhaust and windrush through my helmet as I was on my R1). I will be back Ed for sure to have some work done when the bloody boat turns up with my car... :D oh and if the car turns up then it will probably have the fat lady in it singing also woohoooooooo..:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Cheers for sorting my mats Andy,i will keep them tucked away safe for when my S5 arrives back after getting operated on :(
Enjoy your evening,have a drink on me ;)

I will pm Anton just to confirm my address etc.

Looking foward to some pics and vids guys,Ian i will take you up on the next meet at APS,think i should drive down the day before and sleep in my car outside so the foreign gets dont try and kill me again :rolleyes:

Thanks guys for all your comments,i am relaxing with my feet up watching a bit football with me kids thinking how bad it could have been but i will be back and so will me S5 :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Real sorry to hear about your accident Dave, it's always a killer when something like that happens to your car. Just lucky you walked away without a scratch....could have been much worse.

Stupid lorry drivers...I hate them all, including the UK ones, as a similar incident happend to my bro only a few years back which ripped apart the side of his A4.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
PinkPanther: Good to meet you, lets hope audi pull their finger out and deliver the goods this time. I love the fact you initially went in too look at the 2.7 and ended up with an S5.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
APS meet, 7th June

Here's a few snaps.....

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
LOVE IT Ian :)

Hopefully that will be me next time :rolleyes:

Ess you could have made a effort to get motor washed for the day,i dont know :D
On a serious note,car looking and sounding aswome ;)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Mad so sorry about your car mate, gutted for you. Think i'd have chinned the b'stard..

·
Registered
373 Posts
Blade
Mad so sorry about your car mate, gutted for you. Think i'd have chinned the b'stard..
Believe me m8 the small skinny foreign shit was lifted off the floor by his neck as soon as he approached me to see if i was ok,within minutes the witness and traffic police of the crash came and you could say the situation calmed down slightly but it did take a while.

Boss rang today,day off work,maybe full week and doctors appointment booked in for tomorrow then it is off to the solicitors to start the ball rolling to sue the little foreign shit for as much as i can get you never know it may pay for my upgrades at APS and more :D when i get my S5 back from the hospital that is.

Cheers m8,maybe see you at the next APS meet but that MEETING MUST NOT BE UNTIL I GET MY S5 BACK PLEASE :D

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Ian, you utter b*stard!

Just seen the video you posted of me coasting away from APS - and noted the tags you'd associated with it.....

For those who haven't seen the vid, said tags are:

S5 (yep) Audi (again, yep) Milltek (oh yes) launch (yes) nutter (oh dear, here we go...) middle-age-crisis (Right! That's it!)

Remember Ian, what goes around comes around......!

161 - 180 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.