Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
+1

Ed, for those of us travelling a few miles are you OK holding onto the floor mats that will be brought to APS in the morning, just in case we get held up in traffic and are a little later than planned? Will save them having to be posted.

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a reminder, I will be bringing along my laptop and Vagcom, if anyone wants the alarm confirmation 'chirp' activating or seatbelt warning switching off let me know or grab hold of me on Saturday morning, I will be getting there early as I have to leave by 10.30 in order to stay married:eek::D

Hopefully goes witout saying FOC;)

Jason
Hmmm, ever used your VAGCOM on a Beetle?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah will try to be there for around 9.00 Ed,very early start for me leaving north east around 5.30 am :eek: but hopefully will be worth it by the end of the day :D

Looking forward to it guy's,right off to give me S5 a little shine for tomorrow :)

Manor50 check your pm m8.

Later's Dave.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hmmm, ever used your VAGCOM on a Beetle?
Nope, but checked the list and it works fine, I can plug you in Anton if you want, I can go thru what options can be played with... just a question of opening up all the controll modules individially and looking what options you have... Vagcom is much more user freindly than it was....

See you in the morning;)

Jason

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
My family, neighbors and a few dog-walkers think I've gone crazy...

Not wishing to turn up tomorrow with a dirty car (not washed since the peak district meet) I just washed the car...

...In the rain!

:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
me too:eek::D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Its pouring down here. Second day in a row and its forecast to rain on the journey there. I may win the dirtiest S5 competition. However, I am putting a few cleaning things in the boot just in case.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Not wishing to turn up tomorrow with a dirty car (not washed since the peak district meet) I just washed the car...

...In the rain!

Haha +1

I did exactly the same. :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine got crapped up in the rain today and I didn't get home early enough to clean it so there may well be 2 entries into the dirtiest car comp once I've completed the 130 mile journey to APS in yet more rain :eek:

Its pouring down here. Second day in a row and its forecast to rain on the journey there. I may win the dirtiest S5 competition. However, I am putting a few cleaning things in the boot just in case.

·
Registered
735 Posts

...In the rain!

I have done that too :eek:

I've been away for ages, must get back onboard again :eek:

Have a great day today guys !!! :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Have a good day guys...sorry I wasn't able to make it but its been a long week and I'm having some time with the kids - long way to go from the Isle of Wight too. Ed I sent you an email yesterday not sure if you've read it, I'm hoping to get up next week with ChrisH (another S5 owner who's considering mods but wants to see/hear before taking the plunge) Gorgeous day for it lads, look forward to seeing the pics.

Pete

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice to meet everyone today, I think we had 10 S5's at one point...:cool:

I am sure someone will post some pics later, I saw a camera floating about:D

I will be back to APS to get some work done at some point, if I go this week there will still be food left I think, there was way too much:D

See you around guys
Jason

·
Registered
735 Posts
Nice to meet everyone today, I think we had 10 S5's at one point...:cool:

I am sure someone will post some pics later, I saw a camera floating about:D

I will be back to APS to get some work done at some point, if I go this week there will still be food left I think, there was way too much:D

See you around guys
Jason
You are home early ! :D

Northampton, I spent a while there on a few MINI Cooper runs over the past few years - nice town :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Nice to meet everyone that was at APS today, was nice day out and thoroughly enjoyed the drive. Cheers David for letting me tag along behind you :D. Slightly depressing hearing V8's roar all day then drive back home in my 1.8 lol.

Thanks to APS for all the help and food/drink, and Milltek guys for making the trip down.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Heres a couple of photos. Sorry i didnt get many decent pics there were just so many S5's all over the car park couldnt get them all in one photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well guys i dont know if you heard today from Andy(Manor) about my little run in with a articulated lorry but i was planning as you know to attend today and get some work done to my S5 when travelling down the A1 near Catterick a lorry decided it would be good to switch lanes from the inside to the outside to let someone in that wanted to join the dual carriageway without checking his mirrors,he caught me on the passanger side around 65mph-70mph and dragged me along for what seemed a mile before i managed to pull off his near side somehow and ended up near the central reservation and not the other way or i would have been crushed under his 20+ ton lorry and no doubt would have been dead or seriously injured.What didnt really help the police was that he did not speak a word of english as the delivery company and himself are from budapest,my insurance company get well paid lets see how good they are.
I visited my local hospital to get my back checked out then it was off to Audi Bodyshop to get a estimate and leave my car there until the insurance companys sort something out to authorize repair with the estimate damage around £5000 to £6000 :eek:

Well what should have been a great day turned into a nightmare for me but thank god i am still here to tell the tale.

Sorry i missed the meet guys,maybe another one at APS sometime and hopefully this time i can attend without a foreign lorry driver wanting to kill me.
Look foward to some pics :)

Ed i will be in contact as i still want my S5 upgraded when i get it back from the hospital,when that will be i am not to sure atm :(

Remember guy's beware of foreign twat's oops sorry on the UK roads because they are dangerous and cant drive for shit :mad:

P.S Andy do you know if my mats are getting sent to my home address?

Dave.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
That's terrible!

Mad, so sorry mate, the very last thing you would ever wish to happen, not least when you were looking forward to making your pride and joy even more special.

Thank God you're ok though - could have been so, so much worse. Have to say, talking to Andy, sounded a lot worse than the pictires suggest. Probably no consolation but I'd guess that with a bit of TLC in a proficient body shop, should be relatively easy (albeit expensive!) to get it back to A1, with no lasting evidence of today's unfortunate occurence.

Shame we didn't get to meet, maybe next time.

Finally, on the subject of foreign drivers - +1! Don't know if you saw the Fifth Gear 'reconstruction' from a series or two ago where they staged an identical collision to the one you experienced (LHD truck, car in blindspot). Did a whole lot of damage. They're a f*cking menace.

Take care mate and keep us posted on the patient.......

141 - 160 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.