Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Looking forward to meeting you Tim(?) and either Ian or I will be delighted to give you a ride (or two....). Weather looks like it should be smiling on us, so all in all, should be a good day!
I heard the KWs had been delayed (I'd originally planned on having mine done Sat) - guess you've heard that yours will be in next Weds? Looks like I'd better get another appointment booked but in the meantime, would be grateful to hear your first impressions when they're done.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Timbo, Also interested in the results of the KW when done. :) Looking forward to meeting you.

Mad... Let's see what I can do... I'm reliably informed by the son that it's a PS2!! ...I need to track down additional controllers and a copy of GT3/4. But TBH I think there will be enough going on.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mad... Let's see what I can do... I'm reliably informed by the son that it's a PS2!!

Ian dont put yourself out,i am not bothered at all ;)

It's a pity the KW arent in stock for sat,i am interested on your findings as well Tim :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just had some S5 logo'd bespoke mats produced for my car, I will have them for Sat hopefully for all to see... :D

Jason

·
Registered
373 Posts
Anymore for sale Jason,you could open a shop on sat :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Anymore for sale Jason,you could open a shop on sat :D
I should get them tomorrow, I will bring details of the supplier, incedentially the supplier knows Ed quite well, I have asked if they would think about coming along to provide samples of other colour combinations, I have gone for OEM looking Anthracite and Anthracite edging or binding as they refer to it as, also had a heel pad included which if you return to them they will replace for £5 each time, lost count of mats that have looked really shabby and its only the heel part....

I will post pics as soon as I have them...

Jason

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I should get them tomorrow, I will bring details of the supplier, incedentially the supplier knows Ed quite well, I have asked if they would think about coming along to provide samples of other colour combinations, I have gone for OEM looking Anthracite and Anthracite edging or binding as they refer to it as, also had a heel pad included which if you return to them they will replace for £5 each time, lost count of mats that have looked really shabby and its only the heel part....

I will post pics as soon as I have them...

Jason
'
Replacement heel pads... Sounds just like what I'm looking for. :) Wearing proper gentleman's shoes with leather heels just destroys the mats, so I use small cheap rubber mats on top and just keep replacing them. Audi mats are just too darned expensive to replace each year.

Perhaps APS should so a line in these with the S5 (or A5) logo and APS logo?

:cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. A ride or two in your cars would be awesome. I've not actually had the full S5 experience yet, and it would be interesting to see the difference the H&R springs make to the standard ride.

More than happy to share my experiences once the KW2s are on... I was originally going to go for the KW1s, but I know I'll end up regretting it at some point, so hopefully I can advise whether it's a worthy upgrade or not!

Ian - if you need a couple of PS2 controllers, let me know!

Take it very easy, and see you all on Saturday.

Cheers,

T(im)

·
Registered
225 Posts
'
Replacement heel pads... Sounds just like what I'm looking for. :) Wearing proper gentleman's shoes with leather heels just destroys the mats, so I use small cheap rubber mats on top and just keep replacing them. Audi mats are just too darned expensive to replace each year.

Perhaps APS should so a line in these with the S5 (or A5) logo and APS logo?

:cool:
I will email the supplier again today to see if they will come along, they are not too far away... They are really not that expensive and actually thicker and better quality than OEM, I dont know if you have taken the mats out yet but they are very flimsy... they have been offering the replacement heel pad service for a while, its great at only £5 a time.. Ooh! just as I am typing they have arrived, I dont have a decent camera at work so bear with me with a crap photo:eek:

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here you go..... :D

Sorry for crap pics, very nice finish, I am delighted with them:D

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
They dont have any stock, these are the only ones in existence:D I took my mats to them on Monday, they digitized them and produced these for me that arrived today!!

They are from http://www.autostyle.co.uk their site probably wont show them to purchase as they are brand new, you will need to call them...

Total Price £72 inc next day delivery!! I suggested they may have few orders on the way once the word gets out;)

Jason

·
Registered
373 Posts
Going to try and order mats now :)

Thanks for sharing the info Jason,mats look real nice ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Guys,

Just a quick update to let you know that Milltek will be visiting in there A5 which has the freshly developed cat back exhaust fitted. Audi Driver magazine will also be taking a few pictures as well during the day.

Kind regards, Ed
7 or 8 S5s in attendance has got to be worth a photo shoot :D I'll bring along some cleaning gear in case any cars get crapped up on the way.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Check your pm Andy

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Do we know who is attending? I wasnt officially coming untill i knew i was getting my car but since i am picking up on friday and i need to put some miles and get a feel for the car i fancy a drive so i'm going to be leaving early and try to get there for 9:00.

Ed: Do you think it will be possible to see what the spacers look like without the drop? I drive mainly B roads and country lanes so dont fancy being shaken to death. So if you could put someones on the floor before doing the drop do you rekon you could fit me in to get them fitted, if not can i take the parts and i'll get them done locally? How much are just the rear 10 or 15mm spacers and bolts?
Awaiting millteks magic aswell :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do we know who is attending? I wasnt officially coming untill i knew i was getting my car but since i am picking up on friday and i need to put some miles and get a feel for the car i fancy a drive so i'm going to be leaving early and try to get there for 9:00.

AS far as I can tell we have the following coming along:

Blade (Pete) S5.

Ess5ive (Joe)

Ianhp1 (Ian!)

PinkPanther

Mad

doubledoom

Manor50

Spinner

Robb

55 JWB

timbotdi

SteveM

Mickey T (possible)

Redshed (awaiting car but may stop by)

I make that 12 possibly 13 A/S5s :D

101 - 120 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.