81 - 100 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ok Manor thanks for the info ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
55 JWB, the price of £749 is as low as we can go I’m afraid but as Ess5ive says it is all inclusive of fitting and VAT, oh and free coffee and grub! :D

Kind regards,

Ed

Ed, my post was tongue in cheek ;) Out of interest, do you stock a resonated rolled tip?? on the assumption resonated is the quieter/less boomy one of the two versions "resonated v non-resonated"?

I wont have much time on Sat 7th but as you can see I am not far from you guys and drive past you a couple or three times a month...;)

Cheers

Jason

Jason

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Ed, my post was tongue in cheek ;) Out of interest, do you stock a resonated rolled tip?? on the assumption resonated is the quieter/less boomy one of the two versions "resonated v non-resonated"?

I wont have much time on Sat 7th but as you can see I am not far from you guys and drive past you a couple or three times a month...;)

Cheers

Jason

Jason
No worries i thought it was!! :D

It is likely that we might not have a system for you on the day with the rolled tip but we could arrange to have one here for an alternative date if that does not cause you much bother?

Kind regards,

Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Ok gents, i think we are at a point now where workshop time is booked up for the 7th so if we work to the list below. If anybody wants to make any changes we really need to know over the next few days so as to make sure stock is correct. I am aware that we are in communication with a couple of you about preferred exhaust trims so please keep those channels open and i will update the main list as we go.

Thanks, Ed

Blade (Pete) S5 - Milltek and Spacers.

Ess5ive (Joe) - KW coilovers and Brembo Sport discs (will probably have to have these fitted later as no confirmed date from Brembo yet)

Ianhp1 (Ian!) - Goodrich Braided Lines, Brembo sports discs, possibly KW coilovers (last two depend on the availability of cash!)

PinkPanther - Possible Milltek

Mad - Possible Milltek, jet or slash cut/Pedals possible springs

doubledoom - Confirmed Milltek

Manor50 – Possible Milltek jet tip finish, possible springs, possible spacers

Spinner – Confirmed Milltek jet tip finish, springs and spacers front and rear.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Lads, only one set of pedals (Mad)?

Go on, treat yourselves whilst you're there. Best ~£200 you could spend, plus the poor APS lads hate fitting them - it's an engine-out job! ;)

Definitely increase performance and cost so much less than a supercharger!

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
No worries i thought it was!! :D

It is likely that we might not have a system for you on the day with the rolled tip but we could arrange to have one here for an alternative date if that does not cause you much bother?

Kind regards,

Ed
Cheers Ed, you have PM;)

Jason

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ok gents, i think we are at a point now where workshop time is booked up for the 7th so if we work to the list below. If anybody wants to make any changes we really need to know over the next few days so as to make sure stock is correct. I am aware that we are in communication with a couple of you about preferred exhaust trims so please keep those channels open and i will update the main list as we go.

Thanks, Ed

Ess5ive (Joe) - KW coilovers and Brembo Sport discs (will probably have to have these fitted later as no confirmed date from Brembo yet)

Ianhp1 (Ian!) - Goodrich Braided Lines, Brembo sports discs, possibly KW coilovers (last two depend on the availability of cash!)

Mad - Possible Milltek, jet or slash cut/Pedals possible springs

Ed, apart from the obvious aesthetic differences anything else that differentiates the jet tips from the slash cuts, eg performance differences, sound etc?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ess5ive
it's an engine-out job :eek:

Please,Please look after my baby :D

Check your PM Ed.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Fingers crossed should have the car Thurs next week :D so if I like the sound of the Milltek Ill have one Ed :D. But being a biker how can I not like a louder exhaust :cool:
'
Your gonna love it! ...I'll take you out in my car personally so you can make your mind up. :D

...we can even do a 'sound-off' up the industrial estate against a stock exhaust... We are such kids!!! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 · (Edited)
Ed, apart from the obvious aesthetic differences anything else that differentiates the jet tips from the slash cuts, eg performance differences, sound etc?

Only difference is the look, no change in power or sound. :)

Updated list:-

Mad - Confirmed Milltek, slash cut. Possible pedals. possible springs or KW's

·
Registered
46 Posts
On my way....

I'll pop along hopefully for a listen to some Miltek's.... i'm not due my S5 until week 25 but it'd be good to say hello non the less....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh

Firstly I want to say thanks to Ed and the team at APS for the Miltek. Am lovin' every second in the car.

Secondly it now appears there may be a chance my schedule on 7th June may now be cancelled. I will know for sure during the weekend....for which if it is cancelled I really do want to be present for the APS day. To make the trip worthwhile I may also opt for some extra mods :D

If its not a problem, I may possibly go for springs and spacers, but if someone who has them wouldnt mind taking me for a spin just to help make my decision easier :) I would be very grateful. Im very wary of the compromise made to the ride and want to see it will be a major issue or not.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Firstly I want to say thanks to Ed and the team at APS for the Miltek. Am lovin' every second in the car.

Secondly it now appears there may be a chance my schedule on 7th June may now be cancelled. I will know for sure during the weekend....for which if it is cancelled I really do want to be present for the APS day. To make the trip worthwhile I may also opt for some extra mods :D

If its not a problem, I may possibly go for springs and spacers, but if someone who has them wouldnt mind taking me for a spin just to help make my decision easier :) I would be very grateful. Im very wary of the compromise made to the ride and want to see it will be a major issue or not.
'
Micky... your ride in my car is booked!

Hope to see you there... It should definately be a worthwhile trip... more from Ed later I expect. ;)

:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
'

Hope to see you there... It should definately be a worthwhile trip... more from Ed later I expect. ;)

Thanks Ian. Hopefully schedule will be cancelled as I really want to be present. I will know for sure on the weekend.

Likewise im sure many of you guys will be wanting to hear the Miltek so should I come, people are more than welcome for a ride.

·
Registered
216 Posts
'

Hi Ian, please book me in too. You will recall my jacket spud arrived at the meet so I never had the chance on the day. Plent of external opportunites were taken on the day though :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi Ian, please book me in too. You will recall my jacket spud arrived at the meet so I never had the chance on the day. Plent of external opportunites were taken on the day though :D
I do recall the unfortunate timing of the jacket spud!

No probs with the drive... Either myself of Ess5 will be able to put a cheesy grin on yer face in our cars.

:D... like that!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Updated list further to PM's recieved, please check this carefully and let me know if i have missed anything or anyone:-

Blade (Pete) S5 – Milltek slash cut and Spacers.

PinkPanther - Possible Milltek slash cut

Mad - Confirmed Milltek, slash cut. Confirmed pedals. Possible springs or KW's, possible spacers.

doubledoom - Confirmed Milltek slash cut and spacers, possible springs

·
Registered
373 Posts
Saturday forecast is 22c dry and sunny :)

Ian you can now bring the barbeque along with the ps3 :D

Hope you have plenty of food in stock as well as S5 parts Ed :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looking forward to coming up and saying hello to everyone on Saturday. My car's actually booked in for the Wednesday after (KW2 Coilovers & Spacers), but I'm intrigued to see some of the modded cars in the flesh, and possibly cheek a ride or two! ;o)

Cheers,

T

81 - 100 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.