Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Regarding mods, I've just received my leasing contract, there is a clause regarding mods, which basically says no mods, except for a private plate, does that rule me out completely then?:(

Can I still do Milltek (when available)/spacers/lowering and return to original at end of lease?

By the way if I did not lower my Sport suspension would spacers still give a good appearance? :confused:
'
Aha... your car arrives in time for you to drive from the dealership to Mallory park and race it round the tack with us guys!!! ;)

:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered the car 7 months ago, for delivery now when my current lease expires this week - the car arrived at the dealer in Feb! - the wait has been agony - more than any car I've ever had.

Been on this site so much that although I've never modded a car before I am having the Milltek exhaust, possibly lowering and spacers, S5 mirrors from ABZY (thanks ABZY by the way - they arrived yesterday - mint).

Plus detailer booked for Saturday as well!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I ordered the car 7 months ago, for delivery now when my current lease expires this week - the car arrived at the dealer in Feb! - the wait has been agony - more than any car I've ever had.

Been on this site so much that although I've never modded a car before I am having the Milltek exhaust, possibly lowering and spacers, S5 mirrors from ABZY (thanks ABZY by the way - they arrived yesterday - mint).

Plus detailer booked for Saturday as well!
'
Cool! :cool: Glad the wait is over... I understand the agony... esp. if it's been nearby for 3 months!! It's a beautiful car and you will love it. This site is rather adictive if you're waiting and certainly doesn't help the wallet when it comes to mods, but it does take away the guess work when you can see what others have done and see what you like to put the finishing touches to your 'baby'.

:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
In everyone's opinion would any of these mods enhance the A5? or do they only really suit the S5, is the Milltek available for the A5 3.0 yet? If any positive feedback I will join you guys.
Hi ramy7,

The Milltek for the A5 should be out a little later this summer once Milltek take delivery of there own car. Regarding the software, we are in the final stages of preparing this for the A5 TDI and soon after the petrol turbocharged version too. Gains on the TDI will be particularly strong indeed.

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi ramy7,

The Milltek for the A5 should be out a little later this summer once Milltek take delivery of there own car. Regarding the software, we are in the final stages of preparing this for the A5 TDI and soon after the petrol turbocharged version too. Gains on the TDI will be particularly strong indeed.

Regards, Ed
Thanks Ed.

I will try and make it on the 7th (working in the morning though).

Otherwise, more likley will come down when Milltek and software upgrade ready.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Know very little about mods guys so do apologize but what is the difference between H and R springs which i see Ess5ive and Ian has fitted and the KW coilcovers,you havnt had the H and R Springs fitted that long guys so why changing to the KW Coilcovers,were they not available at the time or is it just a better ride with KW fitted over H and R,judging by the price of the KW coilcovers they seem a lot more expensive.
I am thinking about lowering my S5 to go along with my possible milktek just trying to gather as much info as possible,my buget probably wont stretch into coils but cant see the point in getting H and R if i will want to change them in the future so may wait until i see and gather more infomation about them on the day.
Do you keep them in stock Ed or do they have to be ordered in.KW Coilcovers?

Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi Mad,

To answer your question: The KW coilovers were not available when Ess5 and myself had the modifications done. At the end of the day, the coilovers are a higher performance (and cost) option for lowering the car than springs alone. Whilst both dramatically change the look and stance of the car :D The springs alone improve the handling by reducing body-roll and dip/dive under braking and acceleration and the Coilovers should also add improved dynamics to the modification... think of it as 'stage 1' and 'stage 2'. Given the relatively low cost of the springs, and that Ed would probably give you a good price on a later upgrade to KWs (IF you feel you want to) I would go for the springs now if budget is restricted as this modification is the best 'bang for your buck' with respect to the looks of the car by a long way. (I'm sticking with my springs for the moment for budgetary preasons too)

Hope this helps.

PS. I'll be there on the day, even though I'm not having any further mods done at this stage, so that you guys can hear the milltek and I can take you for a ride, so you can judge the springs and the sound of the Milltek from inside and under load... for those who would like to before setting the APS guys loose!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks for your reply there Ian,well explained i think even for a noob like myself :)

Look forward to seeing and hearing your motor,your seatbelt does work doesnt it :D

I am not sure atm weather to go with drop and spacers along with my milktek,if i like your mods of course.
A lot of vids i have watched seem not to have spacers fitted and the S5 looks very well,is this because they have 20" wheels on or just personal taste.
Still undecided on spacers does ride look ok with just the drop and handle as well?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Thanks for your reply there Ian,well explained i think even for a noob like myself :)

Look forward to seeing and hearing your motor,your seatbelt does work doesnt it :D

I am not sure atm weather to go with drop and spacers along with my milktek,if i like your mods of course.
A lot of vids i have watched seem not to have spacers fitted and the S5 looks very well,is this because they have 20" wheels on or just personal taste.
Still undecided on spacers does ride look ok with just the drop and handle as well?
'
Mad, The spacers just add the finishing touch to the looks filling the arches and giving a great looking wide stance. Although the track is wider the spacers make little real difference to the handling.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ok cheers Ian.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I will be coming down from the north,County Durham to APS on the 7th,does anyone want to meet up with me on the way down? if so just pm me or leave details here and we will sort something out.

Dave.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Here's some news about KW coilovers....

They are being refined even further for the rear to improve performance still, and it also looks like there's an option with an electronic ride height adjustment on the front... It seems this will allow the front to be raised for speed bumps, or automatically lower the front at higher speeds, so watch this space... expected in the next few weeks.

Ed, can you add any more detail to this?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Just wanted to let you guyz know, I won't be coming to the APS meet for the re-map as I've just spent my last remaining pennies on IForged wheels, so no money left......

Good luck to the rest of you going for upgrades.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Just wanted to let you guyz know, I won't be coming to the APS meet for the re-map as I've just spent my last remaining pennies on IForged wheels, so no money left......

'
:( about the meet on the 7th

:) about the wheels - can't wait to see 'em!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ed, or anybody else, know of a good shop here in the US where I could get a Milltek, spacers and springs fitted? I'm in the New York City area, willing to travel a couple hours drive to do it if I need to.

I seem to recall reading about a place in New Jersey, but can't remember the name. Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts

What are you doing with your stock wheels Saj?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Guys unfortunately I now wont be able to attend the APS day. However im still getting the Miltek fitted tommorow at APS :) ...so will follow up with pictures and a write up.

41 - 60 of 241 Posts