Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have read the other thread and it seems the coilovers are the more attractive option. STOP IT STOP STOP IT. Oh its tempting. Better check the price first though. (milltek, KW coilers and spacers)...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...Yeh I blame Ess5 ;) ...I booked it in with APS for the Milltek, lowering and spacers a two weeks before it arrived and it only had 400 miles on the clock when I had it all fitted!

...actually, it was looking at an S5 screensaver for 5 months and convincing myself it needed lowering and widening... then seeing the milltek slash-cut exhaust. :)

No regrets though it was a beautiful car before and now it's stunning, beautiful and looks like it eats tarmac for breakfast! ...oh and it's quite loud!!

:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Assuming that my car is here when Mr Audi says it will, and just incase I like the sound of the Milltek:D How long would it take to fit? Also does it make any difference to the performance?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Assuming that my car is here when Mr Audi says it will, and just incase I like the sound of the Milltek:D How long would it take to fit? Also does it make any difference to the performance?
Hi PinkPanther,

Fitting takes about an hour maximum. In terms of an outright difference in measurable power, very little, main difference is less restriction in the silencers as the ID is not reduced down as it enters the silencer as the OEM system does. Worth it for the sound alone that is for sure. :D

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
165 Posts
1 hour max fitting..worth it for the sound alone... Thats what I was afriad you would say:eek: . Having always had bikes, first thing gets replaced when get the bike home is the Pipe :D I would have only had the blinking thing 2 days (if it comes when they say it will). Thats if I go ahead you understand :D :D .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
1 hour max fitting..worth it for the sound alone... Thats what I was afriad you would say:eek: . Having always had bikes, first thing gets replaced when get the bike home is the Pipe :D I would have only had the blinking thing 2 days (if it comes when they say it will). Thats if I go ahead you understand :D :D .
I know what you mean...just picked up my Edition 30 Golf last week, had 3 miles on the clock when i got it, drove it straight from the dealer and into the workshop which was all of 10 miles where it had stage 3, coilovers, bigger brakes and new wheels!

On a serious note though, it is also worth remembering that from a peace of mind point of view, the Milltek comes with lifetime warranty so even though you are taking a brand new exhaust off, the Milltek is covered for life.

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
61 Posts
In everyone's opinion would any of these mods enhance the A5? or do they only really suit the S5, is the Milltek available for the A5 3.0 yet? If any positive feedback I will join you guys.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Pretty sure its not out yet, there are alternatives but as of yet no one from the forum has done them and written a comparison. Someone has had a MTM remap i beleive, which gave a healthy BHP and torque increase (not sure of the figures). I think a Remap would be well worth it for the price, i shall be doing my 1.8 as soon as i can.
Ed may have had some other customers though so wait for his reply as hes the man in the know ;)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hi Ramy, no Milltek for the TDI yet as far as I know but exhaust apart, the springs/coilovers (I'd recommend the latter) and spacers, remap (clearly gonna free up substantial horses in the 3.0) and, if you like that kind of thing, ally pedal set are all applicable to your A5 and will transform your car.

Check out the A5 section of the APS page - and get your cheque-book ready.....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well rang Mr Audi today and I am still on target for picking up that week so just hope that stays that way and that the pipe sounds as good as it does on youtube... OH no what am I saying :eek: IF (thats a big if by the way) I do like the sound do you have these things in stock and could it be fitted on the day even though I cant confirm due to many varibles at the minute.. will I have the car, will I like the sound, Will the wife be coming on the Saturday :D .:eek:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well rang Mr Audi today and I am still on target for picking up that week so just hope that stays that way and that the pipe sounds as good as it does on youtube... OH no what am I saying :eek: IF (thats a big if by the way) I do like the sound do you have these things in stock and could it be fitted on the day even though I cant confirm due to many varibles at the minute.. will I have the car, will I like the sound, Will the wife be coming on the Saturday :D .:eek:
'
Cool stuff!!! My wife says she can hear my exhaust coming half way across Rutland... so with two of us with Millteks, we can be heard right over the whole county!!

...BTW... You HAVE to hear the Milltek now... it sounds even sweeter now it's done a few miles. :D

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Why the Milltek resonated is a must-have.....

Ok, here's the end to the debate on Milltek/other, res/non-res.

Leaving the office yesterday, lovely evening, windows down. Blasted away from a roundabout and joined a queue crawling up to the next main intersection. Over the music, heard a voice shouting at me - "Bit bizarre", I thought. Glanced over and there was a guy in a black 5-series touring looking over. I turned the music down;
Me: "Sorry mate?".
Him: "Your car - sounds terrific" (actual words - who says 'terrific' in this day and age?)
Me: "Er, thanks mate" (I mean, what do you say?)
We move off, him in the inside lane, me on the outside, both turning right at the next roundabout onto the ramp leading to the dual carriageway. BM driver (clocked it was a 535d) stays on the inside lane and slows. Oh dear, bit embarrassing but better give him what he wants. I pull alongside, look over - he's looking back, grinning and nodding. Select second and floor it. Exhaust snarls, car launches up the ramp and onto main carriageway, he follows. Snatch third and give it more beans - more growling and snarling. Get over-excited and hit rev-limiter - Milltek pops and barks its disapproval. Glance in mirror and BM man actually gives thumbs up. Oh dear, very embarrassed now, It's only a car with a trick exhaust for f*cks sake.......

So, this story (and it's absolutely true) says it all for me. Get the Milltek resonated system and you'll have everything you could possibly want - including the adulation of BMW drivers.......;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Regarding mods, I've just received my leasing contract, there is a clause regarding mods, which basically says no mods, except for a private plate, does that rule me out completely then?:(

Can I still do Milltek (when available)/spacers/lowering and return to original at end of lease?

By the way if I did not lower my Sport suspension would spacers still give a good appearance? :confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ahh a new exhaust wont hurt will it? If I get one i will just put the old one back on before it goes back (if it goes back) at the end of the lease.

Collect this Saturday !!:D Boy this week will drag for you How you gonna sleep dude?

21 - 40 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.