Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
It's not a problem if it isn't the 26th - but I would appreciate a set date soon - sorry if I am sounding pushy but my son is very keen to come along and needs to book his day off - even this far in advance because of the upcoming summer holidays.

·
Registered
373 Posts
No problem REB,we could convoy down as i am passing yourself and we could tag Manor50 up also if attending meet,early stages of planning but we will see what happens in coming days :)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
No problem REB,we could convoy down as i am passing yourself and we could tag Manor50 up also if attending meet,early stages of planning but we will see what happens in coming days :)
The convoy sounds like a good idea. Not sure about Manor50 though - he went to the last meet to get an exhaust or something - and I believe he came away with the full monty. :D

Just a sub-note to the planning; I will be away on holiday from 19th June until 5th July and although I hope to have Internet access, I may be a bit quieter than of late - but that's still a week away yet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you guys go for 26th July that is the date for the Audi Driver Track Day at Castle Coombe where I was organising a group stand - see Track Days.
So far those who ahve listed are Mad, Ian and Essive. Pity as I'm sure we would also have come to APS again even if like me it was just to meet and talk.
Can you come up with another date?
Chris

·
Registered
216 Posts
The convoy sounds like a good idea. Not sure about Manor50 though - he went to the last meet to get an exhaust or something - and I believe he came away with the full monty. :D
I only went for an APS sticker, but Ess had nicked them all :D so I just thought...while I'm here....... :D

Fix a date and I'll see if I can make it. Quite happy to go along for the ride even if I get nothing done. The Brembos are on the radar screen at the moment if available, not convinced about re-map or coilovers at this moment in time but who knows!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
chrisH

If you guys go for 26th July that is the date for the Audi Driver Track Day at Castle Coombe
Ah yeah i didnt realise that the track day was on the 26th Chris,sorry forgot :rolleyes:

To be honest i need to check work comitments Chris for that weekend still yet as the sat 26 is ok but i was possibly going to stop overnight to make a weekend out of it with it being over 300 miles from me and as yet i dont know if i have to go to work on the sunday to cover standby,if i cant stop on the sat i probably wont make the trip down.
I wont know unfortunately about the sunday until early next month when new standby shift pattern comes out to 100% confirm that the weekend is ok for your meet on sat and sun for me to be included.

Of course all this depends on my car been up and running again as i keep saying.

We will just go with the flow guys for now as saying middle to end of july providing parts are in stock at APS for those that wants to get further upgrades or new starters like myself.

Watch this space as we await further replys i guess :)

P.S Andy(Manor),REB i wont even confirm a time to meet when we get a date organised as i need to check to make sure there are know lorrys on the route down that look like this -
:mad:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
P.S Andy(Manor),REB i wont even confirm a time to meet when we get a date organised as i need to check to make sure there are know lorrys on the route down that look like this -
:mad:
Just do what the early motoring pioneers did - have a man walking out in front waving a red flag! :D :D

Just like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
LMFAO :D:D:D

REB that has got to be the best reply since this forum opened up,i havnt laughed much for obvious reasons in recent days so thankyou for cheering me up :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...Or perhaps should carry warning notices:

The application of 'cigarette packet-style' warning notices should be enforced by law:

...Others might include:

"Foreign lorries can seriously damage your car"

or

"Johnny Foreigner Kills"

;)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You can add me remap and Milltek if available, although i spoke with Ed on Monday and suggested maybe a Scotland meet perhaps out of a Audi dealership :) i could speak to Aberdeen/Dundee and find out if this would be a possible idea if we can get enough scottish folk involved.... what do you think jocks?? a goer or not??

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get 15mm drops? And what do you think about 10mm spacers on the front and 15 on the back with the FWD on the 1.8?

Anyway Pencil me in for a remap at the moment.
'
I'll let Ed come up with the definative answer, but basically I think if you want a 15mm drop, you should fit the coilovers, so you can select how far you want to lower the car. I've not seen -15mm springs.

Your spacer choice should be fine, there's no problem with running different offsets front and back and TBH, it's probably more pragmatic to go with the smaller spacer with FWD. I would not expect any real difference other than aesthetics with FWD, but it will probably be more sensitive to changes than the quattro. Perhaps, maybe. ?? From an aesthetic perspective, I think it could create a great look.

·
Registered
373 Posts
lol Ian another classic pic :D:D:D

I will forward that to my solicitor now,thanks :D

At last some good news,i got a phone call today from my insurance company,they have approved Audis estimate and the green light has been given to order parts in and start the rebuilding.
A further phone call to me was received this time from the Audi bodyshop manager who is dealing with my car to say normally three days to order panels in etc from germany and gave me a date of week begining Monday 30th to collect if all goes well :D

At last i see upgrades on the horizon again :)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
2nd APS Modding Meet.

In the absence of any further suggestions and with the conflict on 26 July, I propose we go for Saturday 2nd August - assuming Ed can accommodate us on that day.

This will give Mad's car plenty of recuperation time as well as allowing it to get used to those big nasty trucks on our roads again. ;)

It will also allow a bit more time for A5 3.0 TDi remap and Milltek to become ready.

I cannot do 9th August as that is my wife's birthday weekend and my life wouldn't be worth living if I planned an away day.

So, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah sounds good to me REB :)

More time for me to save my pennys up,more time for upgrades that are not available at the minute to be released,doesnt clash with track day which Ian and Ess5 are going to,looks like i will be giving that a miss and more time for me to get used to driving a S5 again,cheeky get :D

So overall sounds a really good date,without being confirmed does this date sound ok.

SATURDAY 2ND AUGUST ? -MEETING PLACE APS !

Your thoughts everyone?

If good to go i will ring Ed next week sometime and book my defnit upgrades in for that day!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Mad, I am starting a new thread to emphasise the 2nd APS modding meet. Forums members may overlook the arrangements for a second meet thinking that new posts in this thread are related to the 1st meet.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Good idea REB no problem ;)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Feedback time. Gave it a few weeks to get a better feel.

Milltek exhaust sounds great and worth every penny. For an S5 owner this is an easy choice. I cannot add anything to what has been said already. There is an increased cabin noise which 90% of the time is music to your ears. About 1000-1500 rpm in 6th gear though (about 30mph) and the exhaust will sound a bit boomy. Not significant that you regret ever having the exhaust done but you will probably find yourself not being in any hurry to drop it into 6th at the lowest speeds.

Spacers are a subtle but attractive change.

Remap. Engine is more responsive. The car just picks up as soon as you press the peddle a bit. It feels lighter with the more instant response.

H&R Springs are probably my biggest issue. 15mm has proven to be too low for me. I have run aground a few times including 3 times today whilst going 20mph on a country road. I had to drop to 15mph and work round the uneven camber just to avoid it scraping. Its not a lot of scaping but a few mm would cover me.

The ride is sportier and you can fling it round corners with no roll and it hugs the road a lot more. I wouldnt call the ride much harsher than the stock option. It is harder but not so harsh that you feel its too much. That assumes you are already used to the S5 though.

So, I am going to move to the KW Coilovers and have a few mm higher clearence as I think that is all that it will need. Plus by all accounts the KW does bring the ride quality back again.

One other issueI have is that I am experiencing a steering wheel wobble between 50-60 when rolling (not under acceleration). Its not heavy but if I let go of the wheel you can see it moving back and forth. It wasnt there before the changes and would be interested to know if others are suffering the same. It may be a tracking issue but I am not knowledgeable enough in these things to say.

221 - 240 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.