Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Hi all,

Sorry for the belated reply.

Firstly I’m very sorry to hear about the accident on the way down Mad, as has already been said the main thing is you are ok. Also Tim I’m sorry to hear about the bereavement. Hope to catch up with you soon when at last the coilovers arrive for your A5.

So it was great to meet so many of you and welcome new and existing customers. I think we were very lucky with the sun shining all day for us and I did count at one point 10 S5’s. Thankyou all very much for visiting us, I’m sure we will host another similar day if not for upgrades then just as a venue if you like.

For those that were discussing the KW’s with me I’ll keep you up to date as we know more about the release of the kit for the S5.

Thanks again and speak to you all soon,

Kind regards, Ed and everyone at APS.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I cant complain....the car sounds better, and looks better now. Just need that remap (coming soon) to give it that little edge :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
I cant complain....the car sounds better, and looks better now. Just need that remap (coming soon) to give it that little edge :)
Hi Micky,

Good to see you again on Saturday, your S5 looks stunning in the pictures above. Did you go for a ride in one that was already mapped to see what you can expect?

Kind regards, Ed

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Micky,

Good to see you again on Saturday, your S5 looks stunning in the pictures above. Did you go for a ride in one that was already mapped to see what you can expect?

Kind regards, Ed

Hi Ed. Likewise it was good seeing you guys on saturday.

No I didnt as I had to shoot off promptly, but I am 100% confirmed on getting the remap, and would like to be pleasantly surprised. :D Saying that I saw the grin on Ess5IVE (Joe's) face, and knew I cant go wrong with getting the remap. I away on holiday from this sat, but will be looking to get the remap in July :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Ed,yeah you will have read and heard about my incident and it is good to be alive but believe me once my good friend is back from the operating theatre i will be on the phone,if all goes to plan should be middle of next month.
I would like a meet there again to meet the guys so i will post a date next month to see if we can get something arranged again,as you can imagine i was gutted to miss and after seeing several pics of the guys upgrades i can safely say that would not have left without the spacers and springs to go along with my milktek(undecided which type,love them both need to see both in flesh to decide.)

I will ring you and post something up to arrange another meet once i get my car back from hospital ;)

Cheers Dave.

P.S How much extra bhp do you get off the remap :confused:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dave you can count me in for the meet. I can get my remap done then...here is to a speed recovery for the S5!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice one Micky :D

Ah well there's one,anyone else for another meet in July to get upgrades or just a chill out,i wont have a date guys though until i get my S5 back :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am booked in for 16th June ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice :D

A little early for me though,still getting operated on :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I missed this meet due to being too burn't out to face the ferry trip and drive. I have spoken to Ed about getting the exhaust sent down but it works out more expensive so count me in for the next meet for sure.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I might be in the UK around the 13th July, have to visit friends near Leeds - might be able to get down to APS if it was around then :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice one Blade :)

Any more takers on another APS meet in July to carry out upgrades or just show yor car off :D

Date yet to be confirmed,i am expecting my S5 back within four weeks from monday 16th June fingers crossed anyways,so at the minute it looks like middle of July sometime,as soon as i have a confirmed date i will post and obviously sort with Ed,judging by the last few posts there is still a few of us left that missed the last meet for whatever reason so be good to try and get even more members at the next one,new and old :)

Just keep posting your views guys to see how much interest.

List so far -

Myself
Milktek (not sure which one,need to see both)
Springs and Spacers.
Pedals maybe?
Remap maybe,need to know more about it on the day?

Micky
Remap

Panther
If car is built,upgrades if any yet to decide or will attend anyway.

Blade
Milktek

Aiden
Upgrades not sure,will attend meet maybe,depends on date?

REB A5
A5 3.0 TDi Remap and Milktek if available?
Springs and Spacers depending on price.

As soon as i get a better idea of a date i will let everyone know and see if it can be arranged with Ed.

Cheers Dave ;)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
You can add me to the list as well please - assuming the A5 3.0 TDi remap and Milltek are available.

REB_A5 - Milltek & remap - maybe springs and spacers depending on price.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Added to list!

I am sure Ed will reply back on confirmed date REB or approx.

It would be good if was before end of next month or even Aug,might as well get as many as the community there as possible A5 and S5 :)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Ok, depending on date (get back from hols on July 12th so that w/end's out), I'm in, so looking like:

Mad
Milktek (not sure which one,need to see both)
Springs and Spacers.
Pedals maybe?
Remap maybe,need to know more about it on the day?

Micky
Remap

Panther
If car is built,upgrades if any yet to decide or will attend anyway.

Blade
Milktek

Aiden
Upgrades not sure,will attend meet maybe?

REB_A5
Milltek & remap - maybe springs and spacers depending on price.

Ess5ive
Maybe the long-awaited KW V3 coilovers and who knows, maybe even the mythical Brembo Sport road disc upgrade? Of course, maybe nowt, so I may just come along for the ride!
Then I think I've run out of ideas, aprt from, of course - WHEELS!

Any other takers?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice of you to get involved Ess5 my fingers are killing me :D

Dare a say it but please guys this date is NOT CONFIRMED - Sat 26th July!!! Sounds Good!

Providing i have S5 back,Coils are in stock,A5 upgrades available?

Suppose we could have one in July and another one at end of Aug,yeah why not :D

REPEAT DATE NOT CONFIRMED!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
If it helps, 26th July would suit me. I would appreciate a definitive date soonest as my son wants to come down with me and he will need to book a day off work. Thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah ok REB!

I will ring my insurance company tomorrow to see if estimate has been confirmed and sent back to Audi to start work on my car,spoke to Audi today and they said estimate has been sent to insurance and just waiting for authorization then parts will be ordered into stock to complete repairs which Audi estimates to be around two to three weeks,so i would be very surprised if my S5 is not ready by this time next month at the latest.
So that date looks good for me also unless someone seriously fu**s up on my repairs.

I have pm Ed about availability of A5 upgrades so i am sure he will add the infomation about this when he next visits forum (in next few days i guess)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Im gonna pretend that my car will be ready so the 26th July is good for me. I definatley up for the pipes but need somebody (Ian) to expalin about the lowering and spacer things and the remap as I have no fookin clue what they do or why. The pipes I understand (noise) :D coming from the two wheel fraternity.

So pencil me in in for the 26th but only very lightly just incase the barstards put it on the wrong boat this time (assuming they build the bloody thing)

Ed how long does all take please and from an earlier post I estimate about £1650 for the works, can this all be done in the week if booked in? Also what happens to the stock items that you remove?

201 - 220 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.