Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
:D

G

·
Just seen the tags on the video you posted of me coasting away from APS - and noted the tags you'd associated with it.....

For those who haven't seen the vid, said tags are:

S5 (yep) Audi (again, yep) Milltek (oh yes) launch (yes) nutter (oh dear, here we go...) middle-age-crisis (Right! That's it!)

Remember Ian, what goes around comes around......!
Just to say I liked the movie. Me is going to get me some of that Milltek treatment (when the fecking car materializes that is)...:D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Just want to say that it was great to meet some of you on Saturday and despite the absolutely awful weather than Robb and myself had to drive down in it was a good day out.

I must say you lot are buggers. I only intended to get the exhaust done. Then you persuaded me to get the spacers, then the springs and finally the remap. I now have my eye on the KW coilovers although I must admit that I am not finding the springs as harsh as I thought and i have got looking for pot holes ;)

I cleaned the car today and took it for a run and I had loads of people call out saying nice car etc. Far more than any other time I have had the car. Although one woman strangely gestured me and called me a fascist pig for driving a German car as I was pulling into Morrisons. That was a weird one.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Get some up pics up Doom asap as your spec is very similar to mine so i can wonder what might have been,i will have my day again though promise ya that,i think my credit card bill was the only thing that came good out of my day :)

The remap you got done as well,hehe they guys really did make you break the bank,whats car like does it feel more powerfull with remap done then and whats the damage on insurance premiums with remap or is it one that you can get away without mentioning :confused:

Look forward to pics :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congrats Andy,car looks very well indeed,cheers for pics ;)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Just want to say that it was great to meet some of you on Saturday and despite the absolutely awful weather than Robb and myself had to drive down in it was a good day out.

I must say you lot are buggers. I only intended to get the exhaust done. Then you persuaded me to get the spacers, then the springs and finally the remap. I now have my eye on the KW coilovers although I must admit that I am not finding the springs as harsh as I thought and i have got looking for pot holes ;)

I cleaned the car today and took it for a run and I had loads of people call out saying nice car etc. Far more than any other time I have had the car. Although one woman strangely gestured me and called me a fascist pig for driving a German car as I was pulling into Morrisons. That was a weird one.
'
We are buggers! and this forum is bad for youe wallet! Glad you're enjoyng the mods, and Mrs Doubledoom is still enjoying the sound of the down-shifts! ;)

...still waiting for objective reviews from you guys.

Yep, get used to the increased attention... your car looks super-awesome!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Really sorry I missed out on Saturday. My other half's granddad died late Friday night, and no suprise, it turned our weekend on it's head.

I was hoping the Miltek exhaust would sound good, but bwoy, that sounds fantastic!

I'm having KW2s and spacers fitted at APS on Wednesday - if only the exhaust was also available - give or take a cheeky remap, the car would be sorted in one day!

Now all I have to do is talk myself out of the DPE wheels I have lined up...

Damn this modifying malark! ;o)

T

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey guys. Just wanted to say it was good meeting up with you guys on saturday. Good to finally be able to put a face to the tag names. After a short drive in Joe's car I was swiftly persuaded to get my car lowered and spacers put on. Im really pleased with the overall look of the car now. Compromise to the ride was not as bad as I had expected, which was my main concern. In conclusion I believe the advantage of the radically improved stance of the car outweighs the disadvantage of the slight increase in ride harshness.

APS - I wanted to say thanks to the team at APS for managing to fit me in. Not only that, but getting it done very quickly as I had to be at the Redbull Flug tag. Thanks for the food and drink too. Was a nice touch for the day. Looks like i'll be back soon for the re-map :)

Anton - Thanks for the mats. Just for the record dark red is a excellent match for the Magma seats, so your advice was spot on. I'll get some pictures up soon.

Mad, im so sorry to hear about what happened to your car. As soon as I heard the news by heart sank. But at the end of the day you are here to tell the tale, and metal can be repaired!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hurry with the pic Micky, I'm undecided on the anthracite or dark red. Hopeing the dark red looks as special as the white/silver binding ones do ??? ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
mat

Here you go.

And here is one after having the car lowered and spacers put on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The pictures dont really do it any justice but trust me they look even better in real.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Thanks Micky, beautiful looking car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looks very well Micky,ugrades finish it off nicely :) ;)

181 - 200 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.