Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Pretty sure its not out yet, there are alternatives but as of yet no one from the forum has done them and written a comparison. Someone has had a MTM remap i beleive, which gave a healthy BHP and torque increase (not sure of the figures). I think a Remap would be well worth it for the price, i shall be doing my 1.8 as soon as i can.
Ed may have had some other customers though so wait for his reply as hes the man in the know ;)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Do we know who is attending? I wasnt officially coming untill i knew i was getting my car but since i am picking up on friday and i need to put some miles and get a feel for the car i fancy a drive so i'm going to be leaving early and try to get there for 9:00.

Ed: Do you think it will be possible to see what the spacers look like without the drop? I drive mainly B roads and country lanes so dont fancy being shaken to death. So if you could put someones on the floor before doing the drop do you rekon you could fit me in to get them fitted, if not can i take the parts and i'll get them done locally? How much are just the rear 10 or 15mm spacers and bolts?
Awaiting millteks magic aswell :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
PinkPanther: Did you speak with them today? was there any update? Have they found the car? Have faith :)

Oh have you ordered some S5 mats? I think we still need a couple more for the discount :D and free delivery if you pick them up on saturday :D Anthacite with Silver edging will finish the interior off nicely :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You dont have a DVD writer? I'll bring mine should anyone want an ETKA 'back up', bit of an arse to install though. Can always make an image on peoples laptops lol.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Nice to meet everyone that was at APS today, was nice day out and thoroughly enjoyed the drive. Cheers David for letting me tag along behind you :D. Slightly depressing hearing V8's roar all day then drive back home in my 1.8 lol.

Thanks to APS for all the help and food/drink, and Milltek guys for making the trip down.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Heres a couple of photos. Sorry i didnt get many decent pics there were just so many S5's all over the car park couldnt get them all in one photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Mad so glad you're ok, what a nightmare of a day you must have had. I saw the episode of Fifth Gear only last week and it has made me a lot more aware of lorry drivers on the road. Along with those police action tv programmes which show the effects of tiredness with weaving between lanes, which i have seen happen driving back from the Isle of Wight not so long ago at 2am.
At least you shouldnt be off the road too long. And as for another meet i will certainly be paying a visit to APS in the coming months so maybe we can get another arranged when your all sorted. When the coilovers come everyone will be flocking to APS anyway by the sound of things :).

Anyway glad you ok.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
PinkPanther: Good to meet you, lets hope audi pull their finger out and deliver the goods this time. I love the fact you initially went in too look at the 2.7 and ended up with an S5.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get 15mm drops? And what do you think about 10mm spacers on the front and 15 on the back with the FWD on the 1.8?

Anyway Pencil me in for a remap at the moment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.