Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Go on DD, you know you want to. All I can do is offer you the cautionary tale of Colli, who came along to the inaugural APS meet in Feb. He had his remap done and spacers fitted but afterwards, he has a face as long as a thing with a long face. His car, sat alongside two widened, lowered, Millteked cars, looked like it was perched on stilts and with the original four gay little pipes barely daring to peek out from under the rear valance.

Ask Ed to order in the KW coilovers & spacers for you - it will save you a later trip (which you know you'll be making...) and complete your day!

After all, you wouldn't want people to laugh at you now, would you? :p

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hi Ramy, no Milltek for the TDI yet as far as I know but exhaust apart, the springs/coilovers (I'd recommend the latter) and spacers, remap (clearly gonna free up substantial horses in the 3.0) and, if you like that kind of thing, ally pedal set are all applicable to your A5 and will transform your car.

Check out the A5 section of the APS page - and get your cheque-book ready.....

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Why the Milltek resonated is a must-have.....

Ok, here's the end to the debate on Milltek/other, res/non-res.

Leaving the office yesterday, lovely evening, windows down. Blasted away from a roundabout and joined a queue crawling up to the next main intersection. Over the music, heard a voice shouting at me - "Bit bizarre", I thought. Glanced over and there was a guy in a black 5-series touring looking over. I turned the music down;
Me: "Sorry mate?".
Him: "Your car - sounds terrific" (actual words - who says 'terrific' in this day and age?)
Me: "Er, thanks mate" (I mean, what do you say?)
We move off, him in the inside lane, me on the outside, both turning right at the next roundabout onto the ramp leading to the dual carriageway. BM driver (clocked it was a 535d) stays on the inside lane and slows. Oh dear, bit embarrassing but better give him what he wants. I pull alongside, look over - he's looking back, grinning and nodding. Select second and floor it. Exhaust snarls, car launches up the ramp and onto main carriageway, he follows. Snatch third and give it more beans - more growling and snarling. Get over-excited and hit rev-limiter - Milltek pops and barks its disapproval. Glance in mirror and BM man actually gives thumbs up. Oh dear, very embarrassed now, It's only a car with a trick exhaust for f*cks sake.......

So, this story (and it's absolutely true) says it all for me. Get the Milltek resonated system and you'll have everything you could possibly want - including the adulation of BMW drivers.......;)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Chaps, yes, the £749 included VAT and fitting. If the parallel query is whether Ed may be prepared to lower this in view of the bulk demand, then what he would have said was 'No, I won't, no way can I charge you less than I charged Ess and Ian, so tough.'

Ah. Thanks Ed. You obviously feel very strongly about that but I see your point. Sorry lads. It's worth every one of the 74,900 pennies though.

Final point - the OEM exhaust is one piece so it won't be going in your car for the journey back unless you're a black belt in Origami (Steel Edition). If you ask him nicely, Ed will probably store it for you whilst you work out what to do with it....

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Lads, only one set of pedals (Mad)?

Go on, treat yourselves whilst you're there. Best ~£200 you could spend, plus the poor APS lads hate fitting them - it's an engine-out job! ;)

Definitely increase performance and cost so much less than a supercharger!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Looking forward to meeting you Tim(?) and either Ian or I will be delighted to give you a ride (or two....). Weather looks like it should be smiling on us, so all in all, should be a good day!
I heard the KWs had been delayed (I'd originally planned on having mine done Sat) - guess you've heard that yours will be in next Weds? Looks like I'd better get another appointment booked but in the meantime, would be grateful to hear your first impressions when they're done.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
That's terrible!

Mad, so sorry mate, the very last thing you would ever wish to happen, not least when you were looking forward to making your pride and joy even more special.

Thank God you're ok though - could have been so, so much worse. Have to say, talking to Andy, sounded a lot worse than the pictires suggest. Probably no consolation but I'd guess that with a bit of TLC in a proficient body shop, should be relatively easy (albeit expensive!) to get it back to A1, with no lasting evidence of today's unfortunate occurence.

Shame we didn't get to meet, maybe next time.

Finally, on the subject of foreign drivers - +1! Don't know if you saw the Fifth Gear 'reconstruction' from a series or two ago where they staged an identical collision to the one you experienced (LHD truck, car in blindspot). Did a whole lot of damage. They're a f*cking menace.

Take care mate and keep us posted on the patient.......

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
APS meet, 7th June

Here's a few snaps.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Ian, you utter b*stard!

Just seen the video you posted of me coasting away from APS - and noted the tags you'd associated with it.....

For those who haven't seen the vid, said tags are:

S5 (yep) Audi (again, yep) Milltek (oh yes) launch (yes) nutter (oh dear, here we go...) middle-age-crisis (Right! That's it!)

Remember Ian, what goes around comes around......!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Ok, depending on date (get back from hols on July 12th so that w/end's out), I'm in, so looking like:

Mad
Milktek (not sure which one,need to see both)
Springs and Spacers.
Pedals maybe?
Remap maybe,need to know more about it on the day?

Micky
Remap

Panther
If car is built,upgrades if any yet to decide or will attend anyway.

Blade
Milktek

Aiden
Upgrades not sure,will attend meet maybe?

REB_A5
Milltek & remap - maybe springs and spacers depending on price.

Ess5ive
Maybe the long-awaited KW V3 coilovers and who knows, maybe even the mythical Brembo Sport road disc upgrade? Of course, maybe nowt, so I may just come along for the ride!
Then I think I've run out of ideas, aprt from, of course - WHEELS!

Any other takers?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.