Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry for the confusion but Mickyt S5 is me Michael. Thanks for putting on complimentary food and drink. Look forward to seeing you guys on the 7th. Oh and I am confirmed for Miltek :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Guys unfortunately I now wont be able to attend the APS day. However im still getting the Miltek fitted tommorow at APS :) ...so will follow up with pictures and a write up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh

Firstly I want to say thanks to Ed and the team at APS for the Miltek. Am lovin' every second in the car.

Secondly it now appears there may be a chance my schedule on 7th June may now be cancelled. I will know for sure during the weekend....for which if it is cancelled I really do want to be present for the APS day. To make the trip worthwhile I may also opt for some extra mods :D

If its not a problem, I may possibly go for springs and spacers, but if someone who has them wouldnt mind taking me for a spin just to help make my decision easier :) I would be very grateful. Im very wary of the compromise made to the ride and want to see it will be a major issue or not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
'
Micky... your ride in my car is booked!

Hope to see you there... It should definately be a worthwhile trip... more from Ed later I expect. ;)

:D
Thanks Ian. Hopefully schedule will be cancelled as I really want to be present. I will know for sure on the weekend.

Likewise im sure many of you guys will be wanting to hear the Miltek so should I come, people are more than welcome for a ride.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just a reminder, I will be bringing along my laptop and Vagcom, if anyone wants the alarm confirmation 'chirp' activating or seatbelt warning switching off let me know or grab hold of me on Saturday morning, I will be getting there early as I have to leave by 10.30 in order to stay married:eek::D

Hopefully goes witout saying FOC;)

Jason
Hi Jason...thanks for offering your services.

I'll be there bright and early and if its not too much trouble, i'd like to see what magic you can do with the Vagcom.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the info 55 JWB. Look forward to seeing you guys on sat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My family, neighbors and a few dog-walkers think I've gone crazy...

Not wishing to turn up tomorrow with a dirty car (not washed since the peak district meet) I just washed the car...

...In the rain!

:D
Haha +1

I did exactly the same. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey guys. Just wanted to say it was good meeting up with you guys on saturday. Good to finally be able to put a face to the tag names. After a short drive in Joe's car I was swiftly persuaded to get my car lowered and spacers put on. Im really pleased with the overall look of the car now. Compromise to the ride was not as bad as I had expected, which was my main concern. In conclusion I believe the advantage of the radically improved stance of the car outweighs the disadvantage of the slight increase in ride harshness.

APS - I wanted to say thanks to the team at APS for managing to fit me in. Not only that, but getting it done very quickly as I had to be at the Redbull Flug tag. Thanks for the food and drink too. Was a nice touch for the day. Looks like i'll be back soon for the re-map :)

Anton - Thanks for the mats. Just for the record dark red is a excellent match for the Magma seats, so your advice was spot on. I'll get some pictures up soon.

Mad, im so sorry to hear about what happened to your car. As soon as I heard the news by heart sank. But at the end of the day you are here to tell the tale, and metal can be repaired!

·
Registered
83 Posts
mat

Here you go.

And here is one after having the car lowered and spacers put on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The pictures dont really do it any justice but trust me they look even better in real.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I cant complain....the car sounds better, and looks better now. Just need that remap (coming soon) to give it that little edge :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Micky,

Good to see you again on Saturday, your S5 looks stunning in the pictures above. Did you go for a ride in one that was already mapped to see what you can expect?

Kind regards, Ed

Hi Ed. Likewise it was good seeing you guys on saturday.

No I didnt as I had to shoot off promptly, but I am 100% confirmed on getting the remap, and would like to be pleasantly surprised. :D Saying that I saw the grin on Ess5IVE (Joe's) face, and knew I cant go wrong with getting the remap. I away on holiday from this sat, but will be looking to get the remap in July :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dave you can count me in for the meet. I can get my remap done then...here is to a speed recovery for the S5!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts