Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Ed.. I'll be there. Mods to be confirmed, based on availability of parts and cash!

Can you confirm when is the latest we can confirm the mods to allow enough lead time for parts?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Go on DD, you know you want to. All I can do is offer you the cautionary tale of Colli, who came along to the inaugural APS meet in Feb. He had his remap done and spacers fitted but afterwards, he has a face as long as a thing with a long face. His car, sat alongside two widened, lowered, Millteked cars, looked like it was perched on stilts and with the original four gay little pipes barely daring to peek out from under the rear valance.

Ask Ed to order in the KW coilovers & spacers for you - it will save you a later trip (which you know you'll be making...) and complete your day!

After all, you wouldn't want people to laugh at you now, would you? :p
'
I can only second that... Poor Colli, his car looked like the entry level model compared to ours on that day. We tried not to laugh too much. ;)

GO on DD or you'll never be able to look at your car seriously again!!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...Yeh I blame Ess5 ;) ...I booked it in with APS for the Milltek, lowering and spacers a two weeks before it arrived and it only had 400 miles on the clock when I had it all fitted!

...actually, it was looking at an S5 screensaver for 5 months and convincing myself it needed lowering and widening... then seeing the milltek slash-cut exhaust. :)

No regrets though it was a beautiful car before and now it's stunning, beautiful and looks like it eats tarmac for breakfast! ...oh and it's quite loud!!

:D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well rang Mr Audi today and I am still on target for picking up that week so just hope that stays that way and that the pipe sounds as good as it does on youtube... OH no what am I saying :eek: IF (thats a big if by the way) I do like the sound do you have these things in stock and could it be fitted on the day even though I cant confirm due to many varibles at the minute.. will I have the car, will I like the sound, Will the wife be coming on the Saturday :D .:eek:
'
Cool stuff!!! My wife says she can hear my exhaust coming half way across Rutland... so with two of us with Millteks, we can be heard right over the whole county!!

...BTW... You HAVE to hear the Milltek now... it sounds even sweeter now it's done a few miles. :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Regarding mods, I've just received my leasing contract, there is a clause regarding mods, which basically says no mods, except for a private plate, does that rule me out completely then?:(

Can I still do Milltek (when available)/spacers/lowering and return to original at end of lease?

By the way if I did not lower my Sport suspension would spacers still give a good appearance? :confused:
'
Aha... your car arrives in time for you to drive from the dealership to Mallory park and race it round the tack with us guys!!! ;)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I ordered the car 7 months ago, for delivery now when my current lease expires this week - the car arrived at the dealer in Feb! - the wait has been agony - more than any car I've ever had.

Been on this site so much that although I've never modded a car before I am having the Milltek exhaust, possibly lowering and spacers, S5 mirrors from ABZY (thanks ABZY by the way - they arrived yesterday - mint).

Plus detailer booked for Saturday as well!
'
Cool! :cool: Glad the wait is over... I understand the agony... esp. if it's been nearby for 3 months!! It's a beautiful car and you will love it. This site is rather adictive if you're waiting and certainly doesn't help the wallet when it comes to mods, but it does take away the guess work when you can see what others have done and see what you like to put the finishing touches to your 'baby'.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi Mad,

To answer your question: The KW coilovers were not available when Ess5 and myself had the modifications done. At the end of the day, the coilovers are a higher performance (and cost) option for lowering the car than springs alone. Whilst both dramatically change the look and stance of the car :D The springs alone improve the handling by reducing body-roll and dip/dive under braking and acceleration and the Coilovers should also add improved dynamics to the modification... think of it as 'stage 1' and 'stage 2'. Given the relatively low cost of the springs, and that Ed would probably give you a good price on a later upgrade to KWs (IF you feel you want to) I would go for the springs now if budget is restricted as this modification is the best 'bang for your buck' with respect to the looks of the car by a long way. (I'm sticking with my springs for the moment for budgetary preasons too)

Hope this helps.

PS. I'll be there on the day, even though I'm not having any further mods done at this stage, so that you guys can hear the milltek and I can take you for a ride, so you can judge the springs and the sound of the Milltek from inside and under load... for those who would like to before setting the APS guys loose!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Thanks for your reply there Ian,well explained i think even for a noob like myself :)

Look forward to seeing and hearing your motor,your seatbelt does work doesnt it :D

I am not sure atm weather to go with drop and spacers along with my milktek,if i like your mods of course.
A lot of vids i have watched seem not to have spacers fitted and the S5 looks very well,is this because they have 20" wheels on or just personal taste.
Still undecided on spacers does ride look ok with just the drop and handle as well?
'
Mad, The spacers just add the finishing touch to the looks filling the arches and giving a great looking wide stance. Although the track is wider the spacers make little real difference to the handling.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Here's some news about KW coilovers....

They are being refined even further for the rear to improve performance still, and it also looks like there's an option with an electronic ride height adjustment on the front... It seems this will allow the front to be raised for speed bumps, or automatically lower the front at higher speeds, so watch this space... expected in the next few weeks.

Ed, can you add any more detail to this?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Just wanted to let you guyz know, I won't be coming to the APS meet for the re-map as I've just spent my last remaining pennies on IForged wheels, so no money left......

Good luck to the rest of you going for upgrades.
'
:( about the meet on the 7th

:) about the wheels - can't wait to see 'em!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Guys unfortunately I now wont be able to attend the APS day. However im still getting the Miltek fitted tommorow at APS :) ...so will follow up with pictures and a write up.
'
How's the Milltek? Enjoying it??

looking forward to the feedback

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Fingers crossed should have the car Thurs next week :D so if I like the sound of the Milltek Ill have one Ed :D. But being a biker how can I not like a louder exhaust :cool:
'
Your gonna love it! ...I'll take you out in my car personally so you can make your mind up. :D

...we can even do a 'sound-off' up the industrial estate against a stock exhaust... We are such kids!!! :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Firstly I want to say thanks to Ed and the team at APS for the Miltek. Am lovin' every second in the car.

Secondly it now appears there may be a chance my schedule on 7th June may now be cancelled. I will know for sure during the weekend....for which if it is cancelled I really do want to be present for the APS day. To make the trip worthwhile I may also opt for some extra mods :D

If its not a problem, I may possibly go for springs and spacers, but if someone who has them wouldnt mind taking me for a spin just to help make my decision easier :) I would be very grateful. Im very wary of the compromise made to the ride and want to see it will be a major issue or not.
'
Micky... your ride in my car is booked!

Hope to see you there... It should definately be a worthwhile trip... more from Ed later I expect. ;)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi Ian, please book me in too. You will recall my jacket spud arrived at the meet so I never had the chance on the day. Plent of external opportunites were taken on the day though :D
I do recall the unfortunate timing of the jacket spud!

No probs with the drive... Either myself of Ess5 will be able to put a cheesy grin on yer face in our cars.

:D... like that!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Timbo, Also interested in the results of the KW when done. :) Looking forward to meeting you.

Mad... Let's see what I can do... I'm reliably informed by the son that it's a PS2!! ...I need to track down additional controllers and a copy of GT3/4. But TBH I think there will be enough going on.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I should get them tomorrow, I will bring details of the supplier, incedentially the supplier knows Ed quite well, I have asked if they would think about coming along to provide samples of other colour combinations, I have gone for OEM looking Anthracite and Anthracite edging or binding as they refer to it as, also had a heel pad included which if you return to them they will replace for £5 each time, lost count of mats that have looked really shabby and its only the heel part....

I will post pics as soon as I have them...

Jason
'
Replacement heel pads... Sounds just like what I'm looking for. :) Wearing proper gentleman's shoes with leather heels just destroys the mats, so I use small cheap rubber mats on top and just keep replacing them. Audi mats are just too darned expensive to replace each year.

Perhaps APS should so a line in these with the S5 (or A5) logo and APS logo?

:cool:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi Ed, You can remove me from the list for the possible Milltek as Audi are a bunch of inept Twats and I will not be there with the S5. Bunch of sodding muppets the lot of em. I will come down on the R1 so I can listen to S5's that have the milltek fitted to see for a possible later order (If I dont cancel the car with the f*cking idiots).
'
Hey PP. I wasn't joking when I bet you'd get the call next week... it's at least 14 day from final QA to shipping and 3 days from shipping to dealership and 3 days from receipt to completed prep... In my experience and from the 'reliable' mouths of Carlisle Audi.

Unfortunately you are dealing with Peterborough Audi, who for some reason told you they'd have it within a week from build... probably because they thought it was what you wanted to hear. They are a bunch of useless [email protected] in the sales team there. Hence why I don't deal with them. Don't believe for a minute that their system is down, as it's web-based system that can be accessed from anwhere and the other dealers are getting along just fine. I doubt this to be true, and for some reason they have taken it upon themselves to lie rather than admit they have made a mistake, or been a bit ambitious.

I'm sorry they got your hopes up and have left you dissapointed and frustrated... they are ruining the experience for you. It would have been so much easier to set realistic expectations with you and then called you next week with pleasant news that the car is with them earlier than expected.

I've met better double-glazing salesmen.

:mad:

Bear with it, set you own expaectations a way out and be patient my friend. It will all be forgotten once you have your baby and you fire up that V8. :cool:

See you Sat?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts