Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Include me on this. I will go with the Milltek exhaust and check what others are doing on the day. If there is a list of things available somewhere can you link it so I can take a closer look.

David

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
hmm. oh its so tempting to do a bit more. note to self to read the threads in the performance section to persaude myself to spend a bit more money ;)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have read the other thread and it seems the coilovers are the more attractive option. STOP IT STOP STOP IT. Oh its tempting. Better check the price first though. (milltek, KW coilers and spacers)...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Robb, I will be joining the A14 at Bury St Edmunds that morning. I was going to do the Lowestoft-Beccles-Diss-Bury route but the Lowestoft-Norwich-A11/A14 route is only a few miles more and the routeplaner shows it as a few minutes quicker. If you want to meet up and convoy down, we can do that and I can meet you at Wymondham.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Dont forget your blank DVD+R as well. I will be able to backup "your" copy of the 2008 DVD so you can have spare in case your original was to get damaged.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I will burn off some copies in advance and bring the laptop to do some on the day. However, the clue is in the year I posted....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Its pouring down here. Second day in a row and its forecast to rain on the journey there. I may win the dirtiest S5 competition. However, I am putting a few cleaning things in the boot just in case.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Just want to say that it was great to meet some of you on Saturday and despite the absolutely awful weather than Robb and myself had to drive down in it was a good day out.

I must say you lot are buggers. I only intended to get the exhaust done. Then you persuaded me to get the spacers, then the springs and finally the remap. I now have my eye on the KW coilovers although I must admit that I am not finding the springs as harsh as I thought and i have got looking for pot holes ;)

I cleaned the car today and took it for a run and I had loads of people call out saying nice car etc. Far more than any other time I have had the car. Although one woman strangely gestured me and called me a fascist pig for driving a German car as I was pulling into Morrisons. That was a weird one.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Feedback time. Gave it a few weeks to get a better feel.

Milltek exhaust sounds great and worth every penny. For an S5 owner this is an easy choice. I cannot add anything to what has been said already. There is an increased cabin noise which 90% of the time is music to your ears. About 1000-1500 rpm in 6th gear though (about 30mph) and the exhaust will sound a bit boomy. Not significant that you regret ever having the exhaust done but you will probably find yourself not being in any hurry to drop it into 6th at the lowest speeds.

Spacers are a subtle but attractive change.

Remap. Engine is more responsive. The car just picks up as soon as you press the peddle a bit. It feels lighter with the more instant response.

H&R Springs are probably my biggest issue. 15mm has proven to be too low for me. I have run aground a few times including 3 times today whilst going 20mph on a country road. I had to drop to 15mph and work round the uneven camber just to avoid it scraping. Its not a lot of scaping but a few mm would cover me.

The ride is sportier and you can fling it round corners with no roll and it hugs the road a lot more. I wouldnt call the ride much harsher than the stock option. It is harder but not so harsh that you feel its too much. That assumes you are already used to the S5 though.

So, I am going to move to the KW Coilovers and have a few mm higher clearence as I think that is all that it will need. Plus by all accounts the KW does bring the ride quality back again.

One other issueI have is that I am experiencing a steering wheel wobble between 50-60 when rolling (not under acceleration). Its not heavy but if I let go of the wheel you can see it moving back and forth. It wasnt there before the changes and would be interested to know if others are suffering the same. It may be a tracking issue but I am not knowledgeable enough in these things to say.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Here are some pics from the day which I didnt get round to posting.

These are obviously pre-coilover changes on my car.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts