Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I may be able to get a pass to pop over, but not for long and might be early, I am at palmersport for the day the day before including overnight and out for someone's 60th that night, regularly getting accused of putting everthing first except the family :rolleyes: would be nice to meet people early doors, looks like mine will be ready for 1st June....

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
Floated the idea last night, not too much resistance just yet, I guess it depends on how much golf I play between now and then:D

I should be able to get there early doors for a couple of hours...

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
As there seems to be so many takers right now, is the milltek £749 inc vat and fitting?? :rolleyes: oh and will the oem go in the car to take home afterward??

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am sure if you both explained you would not be offended then all would be OK:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
55 JWB, the price of £749 is as low as we can go I’m afraid but as Ess5ive says it is all inclusive of fitting and VAT, oh and free coffee and grub! :D

Kind regards,

Ed

Ed, my post was tongue in cheek ;) Out of interest, do you stock a resonated rolled tip?? on the assumption resonated is the quieter/less boomy one of the two versions "resonated v non-resonated"?

I wont have much time on Sat 7th but as you can see I am not far from you guys and drive past you a couple or three times a month...;)

Cheers

Jason

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
No worries i thought it was!! :D

It is likely that we might not have a system for you on the day with the rolled tip but we could arrange to have one here for an alternative date if that does not cause you much bother?

Kind regards,

Ed
Cheers Ed, you have PM;)

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just had some S5 logo'd bespoke mats produced for my car, I will have them for Sat hopefully for all to see... :D

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
Anymore for sale Jason,you could open a shop on sat :D
I should get them tomorrow, I will bring details of the supplier, incedentially the supplier knows Ed quite well, I have asked if they would think about coming along to provide samples of other colour combinations, I have gone for OEM looking Anthracite and Anthracite edging or binding as they refer to it as, also had a heel pad included which if you return to them they will replace for £5 each time, lost count of mats that have looked really shabby and its only the heel part....

I will post pics as soon as I have them...

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
'
Replacement heel pads... Sounds just like what I'm looking for. :) Wearing proper gentleman's shoes with leather heels just destroys the mats, so I use small cheap rubber mats on top and just keep replacing them. Audi mats are just too darned expensive to replace each year.

Perhaps APS should so a line in these with the S5 (or A5) logo and APS logo?

:cool:
I will email the supplier again today to see if they will come along, they are not too far away... They are really not that expensive and actually thicker and better quality than OEM, I dont know if you have taken the mats out yet but they are very flimsy... they have been offering the replacement heel pad service for a while, its great at only £5 a time.. Ooh! just as I am typing they have arrived, I dont have a decent camera at work so bear with me with a crap photo:eek:

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here you go..... :D

Sorry for crap pics, very nice finish, I am delighted with them:D

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
They dont have any stock, these are the only ones in existence:D I took my mats to them on Monday, they digitized them and produced these for me that arrived today!!

They are from http://www.autostyle.co.uk their site probably wont show them to purchase as they are brand new, you will need to call them...

Total Price £72 inc next day delivery!! I suggested they may have few orders on the way once the word gets out;)

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just a reminder, I will be bringing along my laptop and Vagcom, if anyone wants the alarm confirmation 'chirp' activating or seatbelt warning switching off let me know or grab hold of me on Saturday morning, I will be getting there early as I have to leave by 10.30 in order to stay married:eek::D

Hopefully goes witout saying FOC;)

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dont forget your blank DVD+R as well. I will be able to backup "your" copy of the 2008 DVD so you can have spare in case your original was to get damaged.
I dont have a DVD writer :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
i'd like to see what magic you can do with the Vagcom.
Not much magic nowadays, the MMi system does a lot of stuff that you only used to be able to tweak at the dealer or with Vagcom, there is limited 'play factor' but logging of fault codes and data logging can be useful if you know what you are looking for and I dont :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hmmm, ever used your VAGCOM on a Beetle?
Nope, but checked the list and it works fine, I can plug you in Anton if you want, I can go thru what options can be played with... just a question of opening up all the controll modules individially and looking what options you have... Vagcom is much more user freindly than it was....

See you in the morning;)

Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
me too:eek::D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice to meet everyone today, I think we had 10 S5's at one point...:cool:

I am sure someone will post some pics later, I saw a camera floating about:D

I will be back to APS to get some work done at some point, if I go this week there will still be food left I think, there was way too much:D

See you around guys
Jason

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am booked in for 16th June ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.