Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** Audi S5/A5 Meet - APS, Saturday June 7th. All welcome. **

Hi All,

Following on from the thread in the S5 Performance section, I thought it best we run this thread here. As the title says we are going to hold an open day on the Saturday 7th of June. We are able to offer a number of upgrades on the day, Milltek exhausts, suspension upgrades, pedal upgrades and also remaps. We will also be offering complimentary hot and cold food and drinks as well. Start time approximately 9am and then finish when everybody has had enough!

Everybody is welcome, if your not having any work done please do feel free to come along still and have and chat and something to eat. :)

Address details are:-
Unit 8 Barrington Court
Buckingham Road Industrial Estate
Brackley
Northants, NN13 7LE
Tel: +44 (0)1280 840491

Please register interest below.

Thanks and regards,

Ed Jackson.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So the list so far is...

Blade (Pete) S5....Milltek and Spacers.

Ess5ive (Joe) - KW coilovers and Brembo Sport discs (will probably have to have these fitted later as no confirmed date from Brembo yet)

Ianhp1 (Ian!) - Goodrich Braided Lines, Brembo sports discs, possibly KW coilovers and possibly remap (last two depend on the availability of cash!)

MickyT S5 - Possible Milltek

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may turn up, not to get anything done but just to meet a few of the other owners if I can't make the other meet.

Hopefully will have my GMG Exhaust fitted by then too, so maybe a few comparison videos can be done with the miltek systems too.

Just out of interest...how much is a re-map for the S5 going to cost??
Hi Saj,

Remap is currently at £500 INC VAT.

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Realistically we need to know about 2-3 weeks before to be on the safe side although we do have stock of most items.

So the list so far is...

Blade (Pete) S5 - Milltek and Spacers.

Ess5ive (Joe) - KW coilovers and Brembo Sport discs (will probably have to have these fitted later as no confirmed date from Brembo yet)

Ianhp1 (Ian!) - Goodrich Braided Lines, Brembo sports discs, possibly KW coilovers and possibly remap (last two depend on the availability of cash!)

MickyT S5 - Confirmed Milltek

PinkPanther - Possible Milltek

Mad - Possible Milltek/Pedals

SAJ 1982

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for the delay guys, price list is:-

- Milltek cat back: £749 INC VAT

- Milltek and H&R -25mm springs: £1050 Fitted INC VAT

- Milltek and front + rear spacers: £920 INC VAT

- Milltek, spacers and H&R springs: £1150 INC VAT

- H&R Springs and spacers: £486 INC VAT

- Sportec pedals: £235 INC VAT

- Sportec 20 inch MONO 10 wheel with Michelin tyres: £3700 INC VAT

- Remap: +20bhp and +15lbs/ft of torque including delimit. £500 INC VAT

List so far:-

MickyT S5 - Confirmed Milltek

Mad - Possible Milltek/Pedals

SAJ 1982 - Possible Remap

doubledoom - Confirmed Milltek

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Assuming that my car is here when Mr Audi says it will, and just incase I like the sound of the Milltek:D How long would it take to fit? Also does it make any difference to the performance?
Hi PinkPanther,

Fitting takes about an hour maximum. In terms of an outright difference in measurable power, very little, main difference is less restriction in the silencers as the ID is not reduced down as it enters the silencer as the OEM system does. Worth it for the sound alone that is for sure. :D

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
1 hour max fitting..worth it for the sound alone... Thats what I was afriad you would say:eek: . Having always had bikes, first thing gets replaced when get the bike home is the Pipe :D I would have only had the blinking thing 2 days (if it comes when they say it will). Thats if I go ahead you understand :D :D .
I know what you mean...just picked up my Edition 30 Golf last week, had 3 miles on the clock when i got it, drove it straight from the dealer and into the workshop which was all of 10 miles where it had stage 3, coilovers, bigger brakes and new wheels!

On a serious note though, it is also worth remembering that from a peace of mind point of view, the Milltek comes with lifetime warranty so even though you are taking a brand new exhaust off, the Milltek is covered for life.

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
In everyone's opinion would any of these mods enhance the A5? or do they only really suit the S5, is the Milltek available for the A5 3.0 yet? If any positive feedback I will join you guys.
Hi ramy7,

The Milltek for the A5 should be out a little later this summer once Milltek take delivery of there own car. Regarding the software, we are in the final stages of preparing this for the A5 TDI and soon after the petrol turbocharged version too. Gains on the TDI will be particularly strong indeed.

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·

Ianhp1 (Ian!) - Goodrich Braided Lines, Brembo sports discs, possibly KW coilovers (last two depend on the availability of cash!)

Mad - Possible Milltek, jet or slash cut/Pedals

Manor50 – Possible Milltek jet tip finish, possible springs, possible spacers

Spinner – Confirmed Milltek jet tip finish, springs and spacers front and rear.

Manor50, we will have the springs here but at the moment coilovers are looking very unlikely as they are still adding the finishing touches to the kit but we will keep on them and see what happens.

Spinner, thanks for calling just now, all confirmed for you.

Mad, we can have a rolled and slash cut finish here for you to choose between, again with the spacers we keep these here so you can decide on the day if you like.

55 JWB, the price of £749 is as low as we can go I’m afraid but as Ess5ive says it is all inclusive of fitting and VAT, oh and free coffee and grub! :D

Finally, just to confirm to everybody that the rolled finish style tips are also referred to as jet tips and the finish that Ian/Joe/Micky have is the slash cut or special finish as it is known - just to avoid any confusion.

Kind regards,

Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Ed, my post was tongue in cheek ;) Out of interest, do you stock a resonated rolled tip?? on the assumption resonated is the quieter/less boomy one of the two versions "resonated v non-resonated"?

I wont have much time on Sat 7th but as you can see I am not far from you guys and drive past you a couple or three times a month...;)

Cheers

Jason

Jason
No worries i thought it was!! :D

It is likely that we might not have a system for you on the day with the rolled tip but we could arrange to have one here for an alternative date if that does not cause you much bother?

Kind regards,

Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Ok gents, i think we are at a point now where workshop time is booked up for the 7th so if we work to the list below. If anybody wants to make any changes we really need to know over the next few days so as to make sure stock is correct. I am aware that we are in communication with a couple of you about preferred exhaust trims so please keep those channels open and i will update the main list as we go.

Thanks, Ed

Ianhp1 (Ian!) - Goodrich Braided Lines, Brembo sports discs, possibly KW coilovers (last two depend on the availability of cash!)

Mad - Possible Milltek, jet or slash cut/Pedals possible springs

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 · (Edited)
Ed, apart from the obvious aesthetic differences anything else that differentiates the jet tips from the slash cuts, eg performance differences, sound etc?

Only difference is the look, no change in power or sound. :)

Updated list:-

Mad - Confirmed Milltek, slash cut. Possible pedals. possible springs or KW's

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Updated list further to PM's recieved, please check this carefully and let me know if i have missed anything or anyone:-

Blade (Pete) S5 – Milltek slash cut and Spacers.

PinkPanther - Possible Milltek slash cut

Mad - Confirmed Milltek, slash cut. Confirmed pedals. Possible springs or KW's, possible spacers.

doubledoom - Confirmed Milltek slash cut and spacers, possible springs

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Guys,

Just a quick update to let you know that Milltek will be visiting in there A5 which has the freshly developed cat back exhaust fitted. Audi Driver magazine will also be taking a few pictures as well during the day.

Kind regards, Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Robb

Ed: Do you think it will be possible to see what the spacers look like without the drop? I drive mainly B roads and country lanes so dont fancy being shaken to death. So if you could put someones on the floor before doing the drop do you rekon you could fit me in to get them fitted, if not can i take the parts and i'll get them done locally? How much are just the rear 10 or 15mm spacers and bolts?
Awaiting millteks magic aswell
Hi Robb,

Sure that’s no problem at all to sort that out for you.

PinkPanther

Hi Ed, You can remove me from the list for the possible Milltek as Audi are a bunch of inept Twats and I will not be there with the S5. Bunch of sodding muppets the lot of em. I will come down on the R1 so I can listen to S5's that have the milltek fitted to see for a possible later order (If I dont cancel the car with the f*cking idiots).
Sorry to hear about this, at least if you can make it down here you can have a listen and see what you can expect when the Milltek is fitted.

Ramy7

Please, please, please..........

Can't make it on Saturday, will be at work

Would appreciate feedback on the new Milltek exhaust and the engine upgrade.

How much for the Milltek with ECU upgrade Ed?

Plus, when are these options available?

Hi Ramy7,

At the moment prices are TBC but we should know within the next couple of weeks for sure. Options will be ready for the end of the month.

Kind regards, Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Guys,

If possible for those having items fitted in the workshop, could you aim to get here for between 9 and 9.30am please? Obviously we won't be able to do all the cars at the same time but at least if you are all here we can form a queue, pretty much on a first come first serve basis but if anyone is in a particular rush we can put you in ahead.

There will be cold savoury refreshments from the off and then hot food from about 10am onwards.

I look forward to welcoming you all here in the morning. :)

Kind regards, Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Hi all,

Sorry for the belated reply.

Firstly I’m very sorry to hear about the accident on the way down Mad, as has already been said the main thing is you are ok. Also Tim I’m sorry to hear about the bereavement. Hope to catch up with you soon when at last the coilovers arrive for your A5.

So it was great to meet so many of you and welcome new and existing customers. I think we were very lucky with the sun shining all day for us and I did count at one point 10 S5’s. Thankyou all very much for visiting us, I’m sure we will host another similar day if not for upgrades then just as a venue if you like.

For those that were discussing the KW’s with me I’ll keep you up to date as we know more about the release of the kit for the S5.

Thanks again and speak to you all soon,

Kind regards, Ed and everyone at APS.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
I cant complain....the car sounds better, and looks better now. Just need that remap (coming soon) to give it that little edge :)
Hi Micky,

Good to see you again on Saturday, your S5 looks stunning in the pictures above. Did you go for a ride in one that was already mapped to see what you can expect?

Kind regards, Ed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts