Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Audi S5 3.0T STD Exhaust downpipes

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Smokey Joe 
#1 ·
As above, only selling as I've fitted full performance exhaust

£150

#7 ·
Thanks Joe, Yes I was planing on welding in a straight pipe in place of the silencers, but was going to do it on a spare set, so I could just to a swap with mine and leave my downpipes intact, but if I need to weld a flange on too, then it defeats the object and might as well chop the silencers of my pipes. :)

The exhaust has got a little louder, but still not loud enough with the valves open. :) May look at getting some in stainless and it's too loud, put my std downpipes back on and sell the stainless pipes. :) Or do what you did, but that leaves me without the flanges on my std pipes!

#8 ·
Yeah I thought that was your plan. I don't know why I kept them really as I'll probably never use them again. I don't think you'll find it too loud without the resonators as its only loud when you floor it but still totally quiet when you're driving Miss Daisy.
Obviously the rest of my system is stock so might be a different story with yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.