Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone would be generous enough to post the entire parts list needed for this conversion. I will specify that i am only doing the front end for now until i can afford to do the rear in the following month. Also, i am already aware that i need a hood/bonnet, Headlights, Grill, Bumper, undertray. However, i am unsure if i need an adopter harness for the front headlights as i already have xenon headlights (non afs) already, isn't that just plug n play? Also, new stops and seals i read somewhere but i am not very car savvy and kinda new to this, hence, part# for those would come in handy. Am i missing anything else?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was wondering if anyone would be generous enough to post the entire parts list needed for this conversion. I will specify that i am only doing the front end for now until i can afford to do the rear in the following month. Also, i am already aware that i need a hood/bonnet, Headlights, Grill, Bumper, undertray. However, i am unsure if i need an adopter harness for the front headlights as i already have xenon headlights (non afs) already, isn't that just plug n play? Also, new stops and seals i read somewhere but i am not very car savvy and kinda new to this, hence, part# for those would come in handy. Am i missing anything else?
+1 I'm looking for the same list and estimated cost for this full conversion also

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
807 Posts
This is the look i am going for but of course a different color and accents with RS5 Grill.
I do really think the facelift Caractere front bumper looks the bees knees, especially with a two tone color finish to mark of those side vents in the fog surrounds.

Can't help you with costs or parts, I would have thought it's cheaper to sell your car and buy a facelift version. Of course that's not as fun as modding your own car though.

Regards

Reactions: Trent40

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do really think the facelift Caractere front bumper looks the bees knees, especially with a two tone color finish to mark of those side vents in the fog surrounds.

Can't help you with costs or parts, I would have thought it's cheaper to sell your car and buy a facelift version. Of course that's not as fun as modding your own car though.

Regards
Very true, I guess the alternative would be to look at a B8 RS5 bumper, or an aggressive lip kit. I'm looking to add some more aggressive lines to the car but I was wondering if it was close in price to just go ahead and facelift by the time I get a new bumper and possibly ecodes I'm just a few hundred away from a conversion I would think. But I definitely agree it's the bees knees, those headlights are much more "Iron Man" lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finished my conversion

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have just ordered the parts I have from audi the part codes needed I shall post asap ! But so far what you need is

Bonnet
Grill
I am going with the xenonuk front rs5 bumper and grill it fits perfect and exactly like the oem rs5 facelift
Grill
2 x lights
New headlight cradles left and right
And all the plastic fittings and screws
Again I will post this as I have a mate in audi xo) we sat down and went through the parts

Far as I am aware if you have already done the coding like I did when I whent from halogen to xenon I changed my bcm and the wiring pins where it goes in the head lights

·
Registered
88 Posts
Also cost so far was 650 for 2 x lights and bonet
609 for the full front to bumper
Audi parts cradles fittings etc was 160

I have a mate who sprays so I can get it painted cheap

1 - 16 of 16 Posts