Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.caradvice.com.au/16039/spied-audi-rs5/

Not sure how credible these guys are, but It mentions that the RS5 could be going after the bmw m6.

"Our sources inside Audi indicate that the RS5 will be powered by the same twin-turbo V10 found in the Audi RS6 Avant."

I'd love to see this happen, not only is the audi better looking but as much as we all love V8's around here Im sure nobody would mind a v10 in their new Audi. Post is from Aug, 2008.

· Registered
1,184 Posts
When you get a chance check out this hot new invention that heats your food up alot faster than a regular oven.
It's called a microwave or something like that......

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
When you get a chance check out this hot new invention that heats your food up alot faster than a regular oven.
It's called a microwave or something like that......
Ummm, ok? either you just like talking about things that make stuff warm (your name is sizzle) or I'm guessing that you are trying to imply that I am behind the news???? Weird, I am new to this forum but I have only read posts about the RS5 being a 450 hp V8 but this is the first post I have seen with a claimed inside source telling them that it would be powered by a twin turbo V10. But I guess I won't post any more on the matter seeing as how we have the "Knower of all things RS5" in our presence.

Well go a head Junior, enlighten us with your knowledge.

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Just busting your balls, it's very old and recycled news. I'm one of the many resident smart alecks around here, but it's all in good fun.....:)

· Registered
457 Posts
I seriously doubt Audi would let the RS5 outpower the RS8. I could be wrong though, stranger things have happened.

· Registered
6,346 Posts
I seriously doubt Audi would let the RS5 outpower the RS8. I could be wrong though, stranger things have happened.
Do you have an RS8 in Americal?:mad:

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just busting your balls, it's very old and recycled news. I'm one of the many resident smart alecks around here, but it's all in good fun.....:)
Yeah, I figured that... I've seen your other posts and I know you're a very nice guy, but anybody that already has an S5 can handle some ribbing. Jealous you ask? Hell yes.

· Registered
1,251 Posts
I think even 450BHP is really not enough for RS5. Look at CLK63AMG Black...

· Registered
48 Posts
Unfortunately Audi has to be careful with HP since they own Lamborghini. Can you imagine an A5 with more power than a Gallardo? With the RS6 it was too heavy and big to take seriously but another coupe would be considered competition. This is why the new R8 V10 will stay under the Gallardo as well.

Personally I think Audi should get rid of Lamborghini and open up the HP wars!

· Registered
491 Posts
Unfortunately Audi has to be careful with HP since they own Lamborghini. Can you imagine an A5 with more power than a Gallardo? With the RS6 it was too heavy and big to take seriously but another coupe would be considered competition. This is why the new R8 V10 will stay under the Gallardo as well.

Personally I think Audi should get rid of Lamborghini and open up the HP wars!
i agree 100% but i do have a soft spot for lambos and i dont think any other company can do for lambo what Audi did for them.

· Registered
196 Posts
Weird, my dealer called me yesterday informing me about my S5 arrival. I asked him if he knew anything about the RS5, and he said it probably wont come out for another 3 years.

· Registered
48 Posts
Weird, my dealer called me yesterday informing me about my S5 arrival. I asked him if he knew anything about the RS5, and he said it probably wont come out for another 3 years.
Thats becuase your dealer wants to sell you a car now, not wait for another 6-12 months for his cut :)
FYI Dealerships are the worst people to ask about upcoming cars, open up a magazine or online sources such as edmunds for information on new cars.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Or its probably because there is no official line and the early reports suggested 2010/11 as the likely arrival time if it was to come.

Magazines are often just as unreliable as dealers (who usually are unreliable). Magazines just print what they want a lot of the time and detail rumours as fact when they are not.

· Registered
178 Posts
According to Edmunds, RS5 will debut at 09 Detroit autoshow in Jan. I wonder when the production will start. If it's anything like the new S4 and unveiling at the Paris Auto Show now and hitting show rooms in Sept 09, perhaps RS5 will begin production by Fall of 09 for Winter/Spring delivery?

· Registered
67 Posts
According to Edmunds, RS5 will debut at 09 Detroit autoshow in Jan. I wonder when the production will start. If it's anything like the new S4 and unveiling at the Paris Auto Show now and hitting show rooms in Sept 09, perhaps RS5 will begin production by Fall of 09 for Winter/Spring delivery?
I read in a preview to the Detroit autoshow that after its unveiling it will begin production in March-said nothing about first delivery-you could assume it could be as early as June-July in Europe/UK-my dealer here in W.Australia unlike most Audi dealers seems pretty certain that we'll get it here october/november....aust seems to be well looked after these days by Audi-de..we recieved S5's in sept 07......that makes it 2 years that i would have had my S5...good time to change up!:).......btw V10TT?... never-regardless of the speculation on the net-it seems highly highly improbable.....V8 450hp...upgraded brakes & suspension, DSG, cabin stuff and usual flared out wheel arches would be enough for me!...anything more would out price the car along the Audi ( future ) line up.

· Registered
178 Posts
Just read in the latest Road and track that production will begin Feb of 2009. Cross fingers that it will be available in the US by summer. They were thinking Audi might use either old RS4 V8 (hopefully not) or V8TT producing nearly 500HP.

· Registered
536 Posts
Damn, if the RS5 had the same 580 HP V10 TT engine as in the RS6, that would be a hell of a beast. Sadly, it isn't even gonna get a V8 TT. It will most likely get a N/A V8 producing between 440 and 480 HP.

· Registered
178 Posts
Damn, if the RS5 had the same 580 HP V10 TT engine as in the RS6, that would be a hell of a beast. Sadly, it isn't even gonna get a V8 TT. It will most likely get a N/A V8 producing between 440 and 480 HP.
I think you are right. Hopefully, NA V8 will produce more than 450HP. However, you'd think having a pair of turbos would be better on MPG or am I wrong? I guess it would be more expensive to add the turbo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.