Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Audi will introduce the A5/S5 sportback next year and short after that the RS5 Sportback with 440 hp 3.0TFSI V6 Supercharged engine with a bigger type of TVS (Twin Vortices Series) Roots-Compressor.
The key word is "Downsizing" and the V6 SC engine is the way to go.
More power, more torque, less fuel, lower CO2 emissions.
Another + point is that the handling will be up to new RS standard, lighther, faster, more fun to drive.

Jarod.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Does Sportback mean it has 4 doors - as in your photo? Audi are due to release the A7 next year, which is a coupe-style 4 door. Are they really considering an RS/A5 4 door as well??

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Audi will introduce the A5/S5 sportback next year and short after that the RS5 Sportback with 440 hp 3.0TFSI V6 Supercharged engine with a bigger type of TVS (Twin Vortices Series) Roots-Compressor.
Another + point is that the handling will be up to new RS standard, lighther, faster, more fun to drive.
Who/what is the source for the information you posted?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does Sportback mean it has 4 doors - as in your photo? Audi are due to release the A7 next year, which is a coupe-style 4 door. Are they really considering an RS/A5 4 door as well??
No it's a 5 door with big hatch.

Jarod.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Why is Audi ducking the M3 :mad:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
These pics all look like the 'first look' pics of the S7... which were photorendered anyhow.

I don't think anyone in the media knows squat.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I really think they'll do both A5 five-door and A7 saloon. Medium-to-large size hatch backs have been out of the scene for a while now.

It's time for a comeback!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
This photo was seen by me in one of the recent Autocar magazines with the similar information that was posted above. They said RS5 Sportback will have 450BHP engine.
I can only say one thing, I am really, really disappointed. I was always hoping that A/S/RS5 will always mean coupe with 2 doors, not some modern pseudo cars. Oh well, if it happens I will be thinking about selling my car and getting something different. I am also hoping that they will make A5 Wagon as well? :mad:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Seriously. Sounds like BS to me. Downsize to a V6 in an RS? That's just ridiculous. Probably more BS that Autocar decided to come up with.
Looks like this BS came from AudiBlog.nl.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The Sales Manager at Audi Reading says he's seen the Sportback and thinks its a stunning looking car. No point referencing these photo shops, best just wait see what it really looks like when it arrives. For me it conjours up images of the old 100 Avant and although I was a kid back then, my dad had a 100 GL 5E saloon and I remember being seriously hacked off with Audi for spoiling the range with a VDub Passat lookalike...history repeating itself ???

like this one lol

·
Registered
953 Posts

Jarod.
That picture is the "artist's rendition" on the front cover of Autocar for week commencing 12 November. It depicts what they think the RS2 will look like.

So the rest of the first post is unwitting rubbish. Sorry Jarod :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
That picture is the "artist's rendition" on the front cover of Autocar for week commencing 12 November. It depicts what they think the RS2 will look like.

So the rest of the first post is unwitting rubbish. Sorry Jarod :(
thank you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
all this info is fine...whatever. But what I want to know is when will the 2 door RS5 be coming and what engine? That's the big question...

·
Registered
15 Posts
According to the Audi Dealer here (who is part of the Selection Panel for Audi Australia), Audi typically release the RS models 1 -2 years before the new shape of the base model is released, i.e. year 5 or 6 of the model line (each line has approximately a 7 year cycle). For example, the current A6 has been around for 6 or so years now and RS6 has only recently been released. You would expect the new A6 to take on similar characteristics to the current A5 and A4.

So according to all this, we more than likely will not see an RS5 for at least another 4-5 years.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
So, lets get this straight.

We have pictures of A5 sportbacks which are also the same pictures depicting the A7. Rs5 pics which could be an S4 or an S5 or an S7 or RS2. And every one of these is a photoshop and there has been no release of information from Audi apart from very basic data.

There is a ton of BS out there and the magazines and websites are just making it up as they go along.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts